News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Ford Nation is actually on a tombstone, where it belongs!

As for Mikey, let's see if he really is his own man. He says Doug will be a trusted advisor. I'm betting that Mikey will be more of a puppet for Doug, who will make sure he is in the media as much as possible.

He's quoted in the Star that he'll be reminding councillors that "money doesn't grow on trees" and then goes on to support subways, the most expensive form of transit. Ford Logic!

I don't live in Ward 2, and the election there had completely slipped my mind...until I happened to be channel flipping Monday night, and landed on CP20FORD just as they were gurgling over the results and Mikey's victory. I couldn't help rolling my eyes and saying, out loud, "Oh, for Christ's sakes, You have got to be kidding me!" Mikey seems harmless enough - certainly compared to his douchebag uncles - but he's an unqualified kid who has no business being anywhere near such a position of power. He sure as hell doesn't merit the salary that goes along with it.

I'd normally agree, but then I remember he changed his name just to win the trustee spot. He's not even 25 years old, has no education and without his new and improved name, wouldn't get elected dog catcher. He's just like the rest of them, just a little less abrasive about it.

The only thing that gives me pause to wonder about that is the possibility that he's been railroaded by his 'loving' family, i.e. Grandmama Succubus and dear old Unca Thug. If Mikey has indeed been bullied, at least to some extent, into an unwanted career in local politics by their bizarre delusions about founding some kind of white trash political dynasty, then he's genuinely in a pretty tough spot.

I don't live in Ward 2, and the election there had completely slipped my mind...until I happened to be channel flipping Monday night, and landed on CP20FORD just as they were gurgling over the results and Mikey's victory. I couldn't help rolling my eyes and saying, out loud, "Oh, for Christ's sakes, You have got to be kidding me!" Mikey seems harmless enough - certainly compared to his douchebag uncles - but he's an unqualified kid who has no business being anywhere near such a position of power. He sure as hell doesn't merit the salary that goes along with it.

The only thing that gives me pause to wonder about that is the possibility that he's been railroaded by his 'loving' family, i.e. Grandmama Succubus and dear old Unca Thug. If Mikey has indeed been bullied, at least to some extent, into an unwanted career in local politics by their bizarre delusions about founding some kind of white trash political dynasty, then he's genuinely in a pretty tough spot.
I suspect the $100,000. pay cheque swayed him a just a wee bit. Sure beats asking Grannie for $20. for gas money.

Mikey seems harmless enough - certainly compared to his douchebag uncles - but he's an unqualified kid who has no business being anywhere near such a position of power. He sure as hell doesn't merit the salary that goes along with it.

Indeed a tough spot and a prime candidate for repeating certain addiction traits that seem to run in the family. In the meantime I think these 'folks' of ward 2 are a pretty pathetic bunch.

I suspect the $100,000. pay cheque swayed him a just a wee bit. Sure beats asking Grannie for $20. for gas money.

Oh, I don't doubt that in the least. But if there's anything at all to my speculation (admittedly, a pretty big "if"), then I daresay the kid was informed as to what would be happening; any opinions from him probably weren't required, and would be dismissed out of hand if they didn't go along with Doug and Diane's wishes. Under this scenario, I can see Mikey thinking that at least the money he'd be earning as a city councillor (to whatever extent he actually does the job) would be of some consolation. He strikes me as being pretty malleable, and almost certainly incapable of standing up to the ambitious reptiles he's unfortunate enough to be related to. His mother would be of no use in that department, and she's the only ally he'd likely have.

I don't want to start blubbering about an over-privileged rich kid getting a cushy position that he doesn't deserve, but if there's anything to these musings, then, yeah, sucks to be him. Diane probably won't be around much longer - though maybe I shouldn't speak too soon; the phrase "too mean to die" comes to mind whenever I think about her - but Doug isn't going anywhere anytime soon...which means Mikey can expect to be used as that psychopath's sock puppet for the foreseeable future. Not exactly a heart-warming thought. Of course, I'm just yammering here. for all I know, Mikey is fine with all of this. I had some sympathy for Renata, but then details eventually emerged as to her character, and she turned out to be rather an unpleasant piece of work herself. Could be the same thing at work here.

Oh, I don't doubt that in the least. But if there's anything at all to my speculation (admittedly, a pretty big "if"), then I daresay the kid was informed as to what would be happening; any opinions from him probably weren't required, and would be dismissed out of hand if they didn't go along with Doug and Diane's wishes. Under this scenario, I can see Mikey thinking that at least the money he'd be earning as a city councillor (to whatever extent he actually does the job) would be of some consolation. He strikes me as being pretty malleable, and almost certainly incapable of standing up to the ambitious reptiles he's unfortunate enough to be related to. His mother would be of no use in that department, and she's the only ally he'd likely have.

I don't want to start blubbering about an over-privileged rich kid getting a cushy position that he doesn't deserve, but if there's anything to these musings, then, yeah, sucks to be him. Diane probably won't be around much longer - though maybe I shouldn't speak too soon; the phrase "too mean to die" comes to mind whenever I think about her - but Doug isn't going anywhere anytime soon...which means Mikey can expect to be used as that psychopath's sock puppet for the foreseeable future. Not exactly a heart-warming thought. Of course, I'm just yammering here. for all I know, Mikey is fine with all of this. I had some sympathy for Renata, but then details eventually emerged as to her character, and she turned out to be rather an unpleasant piece of work herself. Could be the same thing at work here.
Rob and Doug had no idea what a councillor was supposed to do, so whatever they told Mikey will have no bearing on reality. And any advice he did receive was no doubt about how to get re-elected, not how to govern.

That wacky chick Landi worked on Mikey's campaign

CoPXAIVUIAEqqWt.jpg:large

The ghost of Rob Ford past keeps on returning.

Scrap the Rocket! Save a cyclist!
See link to Toronto Sun.

You may recall the sainted Rob Ford preached this in the 2010 mayoral campaign, though he had to back off because of the Bombardier contract, which is (slowly, painfully) replacing the streetcar fleet.

Ford took another run at it in 2014, after a City Hall report concluded that stopped streetcars were the biggest cause of gridlock on King St.

“I’ve been saying it from Day 1,” Robbie said, “these streetcars are causing congestion.

“We have to start phasing them out. I know we just bought a lot of new ones, but we cannot be investing in above-ground transit anymore.”

Yes, “subways, subways, subways.” Back then, it was a key reason to dump the streetcar. Now, there’s a new cry:

Scrap the Rocket! Save a cyclist!

Wormington is simply amazing. What would we do without him? Maybe he should have asked why it took so long for Beyer to come forward. Oh yeah, it's for Rob's kids.

"Mystery of who Rob Ford 'threatened' in video solved"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/26/mystery-of-who-rob-ford-threatened-in-video-solved

I love Beyer's explanation for coming forward--he wouldn't want people to think poor Robbie would want to hurt someone lol.

I'm not sure I believe his story. He's known for being a nice guy but I also hear from reporter friends he told plenty of lies about Ford's crack use etc to try to cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back