News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across a perfect "giving Rob & Doug their just desserts" image

the-practical-pig-c2a9-walt-disney.jpg

I don't think there is anything really sinister here.

My guess is Rob Ford was probably helping to fund team (most likely through his charity).

Now that he is gone nobody wants to step up and continue the program.

The foundation still exists, such as it is: https://torontofoundation.ca/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=2&nid=23 . Kind of barest of bones set up. Wonder if there's anything in it? If so, what's it being used for, if not, has it/can it be returned?

Yeah, just another case where RoFo's toxic legacy poisoned everything it touched.
I was thinking before about how many people got sick after working with him. I wonder if all the people who quit their jobs in 2013 managed to land on their feet.

Also: Kevin Donovan's book about Ghomeshi comes out next week. When does the Ford book come out? I completely forgot about that.

It's not a foundation - not legally at least. It's just an account
It's a named fund held by the Toronto Foundation. My family has one too. Depending how it was set up it either lasts 10 years or it was set up in perpetuity. If the latter is the case, any income earned annually can be donated to a charity of the choice of whomever is managing it or the Foundation manages it. The funds don't get given back. There is usually a $25000 minimum to set up a fund.

I was thinking before about how many people got sick after working with him. I wonder if all the people who quit their jobs in 2013 managed to land on their feet.

Well, there's the inverse case of a guy who had the carpet pulled from under his feet--Graeme...

I dunno whether it's a hack or for real, but this has been making the rounds...
14591822_10157489475725335_2688422471620347880_n.jpg
The answer of course is the someone changed the primary search engine and/or home page to Amazon. The answer pertinent to Worms is that someone feels he needs to buy more toilet paper, and in bulk. :D

All the bullshit aside, when did it become unfashionable to protest, even peacefully? I do like the whole "you can't exorcize the rights vets secured for you" shtick.

Worms does know about democracy doesn't he?

Jays can do what Raptors didn't and respect anthems

Imagine how lucky we are to live in great nations where people are paid to play a game while others get to cheer, boo, have a hotdog and gulp a beer!

This thanks to blood spilled by brave Canadians and Americans in uniform.

All we have to do at Tuesday’s wild-card game between the Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles is show gratitude by standing for our national anthems.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/03/jays-can-do-what-raptors-didnt-and-respect-anthems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back