News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I would argue that new station buildings and major expansions to parking lots are substantial enough to warrant a feel-good photo-op, but only at the ground-breaking and ribbon-cutting points. This government will make every single step a friggin' ministerial photo-op, from the announcement of RFQs, to the closure of RFQs, to the selection of a contractor, and then the groundbreaking.

Yeah.... my point was more, which does Milton need more? A new GO station (the old one is adequate) or the same money spent on extending two trains a day to Cambridge?

GO should not be spending its money on stations right now.

Trackage, Trackage, Trackage ! (or even Wires, Wires, Wires!)

- Paul

^ Speaking of trackage for Milton, are they ever going to restore the second track for the Milton trains between Union and the West Toronto Junction? I seem to remember the price CP quoted to do the work came up in the AG report? Where does that stand?

Yeah.... my point was more, which does Milton need more? A new GO station (the old one is adequate) or the same money spent on extending two trains a day to Cambridge?

GO should not be spending its money on stations right now.

Trackage, Trackage, Trackage ! (or even Wires, Wires, Wires!)

- Paul
According to this, the project includes additional track as well

I like how this announcement of a GO station features a huge ass road taking up most of that rendering...
Yeah, that is pretty blatant, isn't it? Certainly not to scale.

General Motors couldn't have stated it in any greater terms...

According to this, the project includes additional track as well
One mention, in passing. Must be the lay-by.

Last edited:
^ Speaking of trackage for Milton, are they ever going to restore the second track for the Milton trains between Union and the West Toronto Junction? I seem to remember the price CP quoted to do the work came up in the AG report? Where does that stand?

They've been working on it since May. It was originally supposed to start last October, but the start got pushed back twice.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

One mention, in passing. Must be the lay-by.

If there were any substantial track installation, or service upgrade intention, we would have heard much more. I'm speculating that it is just a bit more platform room at Milton. Trains have to reverse direction to go to/from the yard, and at current headways that can be a source of delay. A second stub ended platform would give some more flexibility and it's pretty cheap.

- Paul

If there were any substantial track installation, or service upgrade intention, we would have heard much more. I'm speculating that it is just a bit more platform room at Milton. Trains have to reverse direction to go to/from the yard, and at current headways that can be a source of delay. A second stub ended platform would give some more flexibility and it's pretty cheap.

- Paul

I can't see them adding a second stub track at Milton. They'd have to build tunnels for it, and there's certainly no mention of it in the news releases. There's also the issue of the tie-ins with the signalling system and what CP would require for that, although admittedly isn't as complex as a location such as Hamilton North.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I can't see them adding a second stub track at Milton. They'd have to build tunnels for it, and there's certainly no mention of it in the news releases. There's also the issue of the tie-ins with the signalling system and what CP would require for that, although admittedly isn't as complex as a location such as Hamilton North.

Tunnel away :) In the context of what is being suggested for the station, that's not inconceivable.

It sure looks to me like the platform was built with a second track roughed in. A single switch is all that's needed, and that may already be roughed into the signal circuitry.

- Paul

Edit: The hint is in the "Upgrade accessible connections for platform". There is nothing non-accessible about the existing platform. I would theorise that's code for 'elevator' which is code for 'tunnel'.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.06.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.06.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.06.50 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
Barrie Line double tracking update from Saturday:

Downsview Park station on the same day:

Your second video's description lists Jan 1 2018 for train service at Downsview Park. Is that GO's new schedule date? I presume weekday midday/evening 2-way is still looking set for the same date--even Del Duca casually mentioned it recently as I recall.

Your second video's description lists Jan 1 2018 for train service at Downsview Park. Is that GO's new schedule date? I presume weekday midday/evening 2-way is still looking set for the same date--even Del Duca casually mentioned it recently as I recall.

No, that was an assumption on my part. The GO Transit website says GO services will begin after the subway extension opens, by which I assume they mean at the next schedule update, which is normally around January 1st given that December 31st will have a separate holiday schedule.

Back