News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

For those, like me, that were wondering exactly what she said and in what context, it comes from the legislative session held October 20/15. http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/house-proceedings/house_detail.do?locale=en&Date=2015-10-20#P337_96765

View attachment 140001
Thank you, excellent digging. That saved me having to dig to find it.

What a lesson in how Ford fantasists just rhyme off what they think they hear as fact, and expect everyone else to believe them.

Next: How Obama was not born in the US....

As to "Horwath not having a platform"...even if that's the case (it isn't, although she has to start articulating and expounding it) she's light years ahead of Dougie. In any respect, mostly human value.

Last edited:
I hate Doug Ford but that was excellent campaigning there.

If it keeps going like this the Liberals are fucked.

This is potentially the lightening rod issue much like Rob and outsourcing Garbage. Even all those Minorities in the GTA who have gotted duped over and over into voting Liberals as "helping them" are fed up with not only their Peel Region home value dropping like a stone because of the Foreign Tax, but also their monthly expenses, such as electricity being so high.

When you compare how much other utility CEOs get (hundreds of thousands) vs $5 million, this will surely stick in the minds of people as a symbol of what's wrong.

Thank you, excellent digging. That saved me having to dig to find it.

What a lesson in how Ford fantasists just rhyme off what they think they hear as fact, and expect everyone else to believe them.

Next: How Obama was not born in the US....

As to "Horwath not having a platform"...even if that's the case (it isn't, although she has to start articulating and expounding it) she's light years ahead of Dougie. In any respect, mostly human value.
Don't you mean that Wynne is not Canadian or gay?

Last edited:
For those, like me, that were wondering exactly what she said and in what context, it comes from the legislative session held October 20/15. http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/house-proceedings/house_detail.do?locale=en&Date=2015-10-20#P337_96765

View attachment 140001

I still don't get it. 40% control (isn't it actually 47% currently?) isn't two thirds of anything and isn't a controlling stake. Their (our) 40% (47%) can be included in the two thirds but they (we) can't call the shots unilaterally.

So what's the real deal?

Ford can't fire anyone because the province doesn't in fact have control of the board?
I don't know anything about the share structure of Hydro One so I might be missing something, but it's a private company now.

I still don't get it. 40% control (isn't it actually 47% currently?) isn't two thirds of anything and isn't a controlling stake. Their (our) 40% (47%) can be included in the two thirds but they (we) can't call the shots unilaterally.

So what's the real deal?

Ford can't fire anyone because the province doesn't in fact have control of the board?
I don't know anything about the share structure of Hydro One so I might be missing something, but it's a private company now.
Maybe that's the beauty of Ford's statement. The only way the Liberals can accuse Ford of promising something impossible is to admit that Wynne was lying.

Maybe that's the beauty of Ford's statement. The only way the Liberals can accuse Ford of promising something impossible is to admit that Wynne was lying.

It might be but you're giving him waaaaaaaaaay too much credit if you think that's how he calculated it.
He was clearly just spouting nonsense that he didn't know much about for the soundbite.

Ok, so apparently the way it's set up is that the government can call a special meeting of shareholders to make changes to the board.

So, basically, Ford is saying (he didn't really say this at all...but anyway) that he will threaten to try and sack the board unless they sack the CEO first.
Given the termination fee paid to the CEO if they sack him, this would be like Ford's own gas plants and he's going for it before even being in government.

Not to mention that sacking the CEO of a transmission company doesn't really do anything for electricity prices.

The liberals should try to avoid the electricity issue if they want a hail mary chance in winning...

Because the argument they say is Ford has no plan to fix it and my response to the liberals is you cant be the arsonists and firefighter at the same time.
You guys fucked up Hydro and now want us to vote for you for 'fixing it'?

Thats the type of populist meat Rob Ford rode on to City Hall.

The liberals should try to avoid the electricity issue if they want a hail mary chance in winning...

Because the argument they say is Ford has no plan to fix it and my response to the liberals is you cant be the arsonists and firefighter at the same time.
You guys fucked up Hydro and now want us to vote for you for 'fixing it'?

Thats the type of populist meat Rob Ford rode on to City Hall.

Except you have forgotten the PC has also f*cked up Hydro - we had the spectre of electricity shortages at the end of Harris/Eves remember?

AoD

Last edited:
Except you have forgotten the PC has also f*cked up Hydro - we had the spectre of electricity shortages at the end of Harris/Eves remember?

AoD

and the liberals somehow made a surplus of energy lead to massive hikes in energy prices.

The liberals can debate hydro, be their funeral.

Back