News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Well, that's identity politics for you; sad, and devoid of actual reason.

Sarah Thomson may be a kook, but such people can (sometimes) be counted on to say "Oh, the hell with it," and just state things as they are, bypassing any forms of political correctness or bureaucratese. This would appear to be one of those instances. We can't very well claim her tweet was factually incorrect, now, can we?

I tend to take the reciprocal approach to political correctness - those who claim to be offended by it is in no position to demand or comment on the appropriateness of off-key comments.

AoD
You don't even have to consider the wider issue of the general election. In the PC leadership race itself, awful things were said by the usual suspects. Oddly, those so easily offended weren't clamouring at the barricades on behalf of the Queen's English.

Listening to 1010, here's what happened.
Doug Ford: fire CEO.
Liberals: you can't do that.
Conservatives: Here's clip from 2015 of Wynne saying that government retains right to fire CEO.
Liberals: Obviously Wynne was lying. How reckless of Ford to say something he can't keep.

Somehow it's hard to believe that Ford is a genius - but the Liberals are so bad that he looks acceptable.

I hate Doug Ford but that was excellent campaigning there.

If it keeps going like this the Liberals are fucked.

For those, like me, that were wondering exactly what she said and in what context, it comes from the legislative session held October 20/15. http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/house-proceedings/house_detail.do?locale=en&Date=2015-10-20#P337_96765

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.15.10 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.15.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.15.10 AM.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 444

Back