News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If - and it's a big if - the NDP were to form government, they would have pretty slim pickings for their cabinet. So many of their veterans - Peter Kormos, Michael Prue, Marilyn Churley, Rosario Marchese, Howard Hampton, David Christopherson, etc - are no longer around. I imagine Peter Tabuns, Catherine Fife and ex-Rae parliamentary secretary Gilles Bisson would take on big roles.

If - and it's a big if - the NDP were to form government, they would have pretty slim pickings for their cabinet. So many of their veterans - Peter Kormos, Michael Prue, Marilyn Churley, Rosario Marchese, Howard Hampton, David Christopherson, etc - are no longer around. I imagine Peter Tabuns, Catherine Fife and ex-Rae parliamentary secretary Gilles Bisson would take on big roles.

Isn't this the same for all 3 parties.

A lot of experienced Liberals have jumped ship.

The Conservatives don't have a lot of incumbents and they will have a lot of new faces due to the wave of change.

Here's hoping.

Considering how RoDoFo have consistently mined emails on city business for addresses (reported here previously by others), are we a tad shocked about these data practices?

And then here is the whole Stintz/Ford email list affair which to this date doesn't have all that great a resolution either.

AoD

This story has legs but it has zero benefits to the liberals but to the NDP instead.
As all the media focus is what the NDP is saying...its like Wynne has ceased to be relevant.

Also The riding in question is already controlled by the NDP and with No PC candidate there, it pretty much means one less seat the liberals can pick up.

I actually live in this riding and the NDP are running a very strong grassroots campaign here and will be voting for them.

I wuz robbed, just like Maxime Bernier!
There certainly are similarities, albeit Bernier wasn't backstabbed like Brown. Bernier claiming his book will still come out, and I'm Centrist enough to agree with him on Marketing Boards. His claim is absolutely true, on 'bought memberships' just like Ford's but in both cases, the Fed and Ont Cons had better start thinking about who they sell their daughters to, let alone selling them at all. Certainly no shortage of talk on that from the Old School of all three parties. I suspect Mulroney's team know more than anyone on 'the beans'. Ford's transmission might be running without oil, we'll see if it seizes farther down the road, next big bump.

I would have no issue with the Liberals losing most of their seats if it means the PC's don't win.

We say this in regards to football (actual football, not hand egg) all the time: "I hope they both lose." "0:0!....no, -1:-1!"

I know how you feel, mate.

You know what is funny is that issue are not dominating this campaign at all?

The liberals were promising what again?

It is frankly an election now between the NDP and the Tories over who gets to toss out the liberals. That is the election now imo.

I am happy, means Wynne will go down in third place...sad.

Isn't this the same for all 3 parties.

A lot of experienced Liberals have jumped ship.

The Conservatives don't have a lot of incumbents and they will have a lot of new faces due to the wave of change.
They're all running on empty! These are pretty bleak times in many nations, let alone jurisdictions within them, for leadership. I don't like it for moral reasons, but the best theory about the deficit of leadership is lack of wartime!

It's when a nation is under a common threat that everyone pulls together. That moral fortitude gets misplaced without a common threat, people coalesce against leadership, not under it.

One of the reasons, unpopular as it may be with at least one poster, to think about strategic voting for a fourth party to coalesce with the NDP, given a tight three...perhaps two-way race. Dippers aren't going to choose the Libs unless they really have to. The Greens offer a more centrist economic platform than the Dippers, and so if strategically staged, it offers a great choice for the disaffected than to just vote PC out of angst, and yet know that if a Green is elected, that could pool with the Dippers to form a governing minority.

Vomit! Seems the only true alternative to the Liberals is the Conservatives.

This is true in a rather sad way: they are the two sides of a shite coin. Meaning they aren't alternatives to each other at all. Do I want syphilis or gonorrhea? Oh, right.....neither.

Liberals mustn't play any part in the new government, they need a time out.

I can agree with you here. After all, which would the Liberals be? The syphilis or the gonorrhea?

Back