News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That would do nothing in my neighbourhood where drivers treat the streets (even the one in front of the school) as a Formula One race track.

Do they?

The speeds there must be mental! How long is the straightaway?

Drifting corners by the school yard!

I think you might be exaggerating for effect.

Oh please. When in history has anyone been stopped and ticketed for going 31 in a 30 zone?

How is driving 30 on a *residential* Street a “downtown” thing?

It's not. Believe me, there are folks (who should be nowhere near a steering wheel) doing 30 down Markham Road as we speak.
Been so for at least 20 years.

Do they?

The speeds there must be mental! How long is the straightaway?

Drifting corners by the school yard!

I think you might be exaggerating for effect.

Exaggerating? Come to northeast Scarborough where many Sri Lankan and East Indian drivers don't give a damn! They would not hesitate to pass you on a residential street if they feel that you are going too slow (and too slow means the speed limit).

Last edited:
My son was hit by a car last fall while crossing the street on his scooter, right in front of our apartment. Drivers are stupid in this part of Scarborough.

It's not just Scarborough.

As I've said a million times (now I'm exaggerating for effect): driver licensing standards in Ontario* are shit.

*Probably all of Canada, let's be honest.

Exaggerating? Come to northeast Scarborough where many Sri Lankan and East Indian drivers don't give a damn! They would not hesitate to pass you on a residential street if they feel that you are going too slow (and too slow means the speed limit).

I've driven there. It's the same as anywhere else in this town.

There's nothing wrong with passing on a residential street.

Not much change in the numbers.
Actually, reasonably big change.

The earlier Forum poll had Tory at 65% and Keesmaat at 35%. So this;
Shows Tory down 3% (lost 4% of his supporters), but
Keesmaat down 7% (lost 20% of her supporters)

And that (those) magical "others" are at 10%, so eventually the press will have to pick out 1 or 2 "others" to add to the polls.

And that (those) magical "others" are at 10%, so eventually the press will have to pick out 1 or 2 "others" to add to the polls.

Kevin Clarke at 10%! Huzzah!

If Kevin Clarke gets less votes than Faith Goldy, I will have to add that to the growing list of reasons my hometown is no longer fit to host me.

Actually, reasonably big change.

The earlier Forum poll had Tory at 65% and Keesmaat at 35%. So this;
Shows Tory down 3% (lost 4% of his supporters), but
Keesmaat down 7% (lost 20% of her supporters)

When we're dealing with different pollsters and different methodologies, it's more a reasonably big *difference* than a reasonably big change.

Also, if there's no "others" that are more viable than Faith Goldy, the press isn't obligated to pick out anyone else--in this case, I'll presume "others" is a vaguely none-of-the-aboveish hypothetical rather than anybody specific who's actually in the running. It could be Goldy; it could be Clarke; it could be Climenhaga; it could be Rob Ford's head in a Futurama jar (which'd probably beat the other three combined). Though it does suggest how a fair quotient of existing pollster-declared Keesmaat support might be more of a parked/medium-to-low-information "not John Tory" thing than anything--and hey, why not; since time immemorial, people have opted to vote on nothing more than "not xxx" grounds, it's a free ballot, etc...

My issue is who is better at handling Ford, Tory or Keesmaat?

The issue is the Mayor of TO cant simple flip the bird at Ford, because he has a ton of power over the city and clearly shows he is willing to use it for petty reasons.

My issue is who is better at handling Ford, Tory or Keesmaat?

The issue is the Mayor of TO cant simple flip the bird at Ford, because he has a ton of power over the city and clearly shows he is willing to use it for petty reasons.

You think that Kessmaat will get into Premier Ford's face and flip the bird or do you think she will play it calm and cool?

You think that Kessmaat will get into Premier Ford's face and flip the bird or do you think she will play it calm and cool?

I can see her upping the ante with Ford quite a bit and we know the Fords like a fight, so unsure if its a positive to the city.

Back