News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This is the first comment on the Toronto Sun page "Rob Dobson
Ahhhhh, the air downtown smells so fresh and clean today. Good riddance piggies.
Like · Reply · 3 · 20m"

Fords base is all about chaos, shooting from the hip and rules for everyone else...

With Ford taking up the headlines, now and probably until election day, you have to think the Keesmaat team is concerned about getting limited media attention.

I learned not to get my hopes up when everyday on here I heard reports of the crack video surfacing and nothing showing up until it was too late. Its more likely Doug goes to all you can eat rib night and dies of a heart attack then his people turning on him. I wouldn't mind that scenario by the way.

This is the first comment on the Toronto Sun page "Rob Dobson
Ahhhhh, the air downtown smells so fresh and clean today. Good riddance piggies.
Like · Reply · 3 · 20m"

Fords base is all about chaos, shooting from the hip and rules for everyone else...

What you mean "good riddance piggies"? Dobson, you tit, constitution-deriding folk ARE the piggies.

And Tory felt the humiliation of being treated like a "little boy in short pants" by Kathleen Wynne. He ain't seen nothing yet.
I still think Tory is happy with this as he knows it will lead to a better Council in the next term. I even think he will stay on for another 4 years beyond this. He is just putting on a show with his objections, because his main competition is coming from the left.
I can't remember where I saw on here but apparently no one voted out of line.... NO ONE!!!! sucking up matters at work and this is why this nonsense happens even if its a "free" vote.... https://twitter.com/jpags
Are you telling me that every NDP, Liberal and Green MP that was in the Legislature voted along party lines?

Smaller council means more suburban politicians. 47 would have given the dense inner city more power than the suburbs. Can’t have that. So now the dinosaurs like Minnan Wong and Mammoliti will have more power. Great!

What?

How does a smaller council necessarily lead to a "better council"?
Qualify your statement, please....not that it makes logical sense.
First off, the Mayor will now have 1/26th of the total vote on Council, compared to 1/47th.
Assuming things stay relatively the same 13 member Executive Council will increase from
That means his relative power will go up from 28% to 50%. Basically, Executive Committee, which Tory chooses, has the majority.

I still think Tory is happy with this as he knows it will lead to a better Council in the next term. I even think he will stay on for another 4 years beyond this. He is just putting on a show with his objections, because his main competition is coming from the left.

Are you telling me that every NDP, Liberal and Green MP that was in the Legislature voted along party lines?
I mean this is a good conspiracy theory about Tory I am just not sure it holds up. Like I am pretty sure Doug Ford would have rather not had to do this notwithstanding clause thing that is only necessary because John Tory advocated publicly that the city should help with the lawsuit. It is a lot of wasted time for something that he supports.

With your point about the other parties you are right in general. However when you claim there is a free vote I don't want it to be BS. The other parties did not claim that there was a free vote on the issue. I want an actual free vote. The fact that there was no single MPP that was willing to vote against makes me skeptical that they had a real free vote. But I guess technically it is possible that ALL conservative MPP's agreed with this. I just don't think it is realistic.

Back