News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I'm not sure that's an entirely fair statement.

Recent NDP platforms both federally and provincially have featured variations of universal pharmacare, universal dental care, significantly expanded subsidized childcare, higher minimum wages, more paid vacation and more paid sick days.

That sounds pretty damned sympathetic to those workers who have it toughest.

In both cases (Federal and Provincial) the suggestion was to fund this with corporate tax hikes.

I'm not exactly clear on how they could do more.

Now, if you made the case that they have done a poor communication job, that their language is often aimed at the highly educated with messaging that is cluttered I could certainly get behind that.

I would also agree if you said that some of the 'inclusion' agenda actually alienates certain members of the working class. Which doesn't, in general mean the party or we as a society should shift away from that, however,
it does bring to the fore a discussion about how that agenda is communicated.

The party also needs to be wise to the fact that for the above reasons, it can come across as patronizing or condescending to certain people. That may or may not be fair, but its important to know when trying to craft a plan
that brings you to government so that you can actually deliver on your promises/objectives.

I think it also does not help that Horwath is not a very strong leader as well and shown a tendency to pretty much say or do anything to score political points that blow up in her face time to time.

Such as what?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4446679/...ed-for-mixing-politics-with-humboldt-tragedy/

Plus tons of times where she calls other candidates s to resign and such but her party is fellow of tons of candidates s who have rather 'fringe ideals'

My point is the NDP is known for being about the moral high ground so it seems a tad unfair but if they seem to divert from it, people really go after them rather harshly

I would say the major reason why the NDP started to decline in the last election near the end was the PC's were successful in pushing a narrative that the NDP had a bunch of 'crazy candidates'

https://globalnews.ca/news/4446679/...ed-for-mixing-politics-with-humboldt-tragedy/

Plus tons of times where she calls other candidates s to resign and such but her party is fellow of tons of candidates s who have rather 'fringe ideals'

My point is the NDP is known for being about the moral high ground so it seems a tad unfair but if they seem to divert from it, people really go after them rather harshly

I would say the major reason why the NDP started to decline in the last election near the end was the PC's were successful in pushing a narrative that the NDP had a bunch of 'crazy candidates'

Fact, Society changes, political parties and views change, all political parties and politicians have overstepped their boundaries at some times. But never ever like the current situation. PC's are the biggest finger pointers and quick to point out views that are not conforming to theirs, but don't think twice to sweep their indiscretions under the carpet or to fluff off. Insert a healthy dose of "what about" and "not very carefully crafted lies" and there you have the leader of the PC party. I believe something is going to happen, as history will repeat itself and the cabinet will split - just like council did- you're going to be left with the diehard Fordites and those who are tired of his tyranny. It's a matter of time.

About crazy candidates.... I believe all parties have them, and it's just that the PC's made mountains of of molehills.

This just arrived in my in-box!

FORD FEST is back!

You're invited to join the Ford family for a BBQ.

Everything is FREE! Join us for Live Music, Dancing, BBQ, Entertainment and Fun!

Here are the details:

Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018

Time: 5:00pm - 9:00pm

7465 Kipling Avenue
Vaughan, ON

Click here to RSVP!

Hope to see you there!

Doug Ford

FORD FEST is back!

Everything is FREE! Join us for Live Music, Dancing, BBQ, Entertainment and Fun!

Here are the details:

7465 Kipling Avenue
Vaughan, ON

Click here to RSVP!

Hope to see you there!

Doug Ford

Hmm. Sounds like a re-write of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is needed. Call it "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Fordfest"?

I know people disliked the Liberals (I didnt vote for them) and some didnt trust the NDP because of Bob Rae (I voted for them) but I dont know how anyone thinks Ford wont be a bigger disaster then either the Liberal or NDP candidates.

As someone who thinks both the Liberals and NDP can go fall off a cliff, I think that it's beyond obvious to anyone who can think straight that Ford anything is the worst option.

If you look at all the tripe Sun newspapers strewn about construction sites, for just one example, it's not hard to understand the success of the cons.

It's true. Meanwhile I'm there with my Globe and Mail and The Economist like some sort of elitist spy.

Though, to be fair, in my industry (custom residential) the incidence of.....um......more intellectual workers amongst some of the better companies is striking.

I'm talking full on university graduates who got tired of office work.....and a bunch of drop outs like me.

Last edited:

FORD FEST is back!

Here are the details:

7465 Kipling Avenue
Vaughan, ON

Click here to RSVP!

Hope to see you there!

Doug Ford

The location is interesting: at the far south end of the Kipling dead-end S of Woodbridge. Pretty transit-inaccessible. Pretty Vaughan-McMansion-class-amenable...

It's by far the most "elite" (harrumph harrumph) location ever for a Ford Fest.

The NDP are no longer a party that has the interest of the working class. Both my parents were factory workers. i remember going to NDP events as a kid, the entire factory would show up to support the local candidate. I bet you now a days, most working class folks, in those industries like construction, manufacturing.etc... are now Conservative Doug Ford supporters. As Trump said in a campaign speech. "I love the poorly educated," Yeah they're easier to dupe.

Depends where. In Hamilton and Windsor, I reckon a lot of them are still in the NDP camp...

The location is interesting: at the far south end of the Kipling dead-end S of Woodbridge. Pretty transit-inaccessible. Pretty Vaughan-McMansion-class-amenable...

Ha... Doug loves the "little guy" when it comes to having them vote for him, not so much when it comes to them coming for their free wiener and burger. Sort of keeping the Riff Raff out. I make frequent trips to Caledon and so far haven't seen any affordable housing being built enroute through King City or Nobleton and Bolton.

You mean "suburban snobs"?

Back