News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Once again just because I am not to the left does not mean I am apart of Ford Nation. That is your personal viewpoint of you are either to the left or you are a racist right winger.

Who says I really support The Fords? I would have preferred Elliot as there would be a conservative govt without the stupidity attached to it. Trust me that would be far better to me and I think to all of you.

I may support some of Fords ideas in principle such as getting rid of the Carbon Tax as it was not revenue neutral and it was regressive but you really think I am in favour of using the notwithstanding clause over a personal vendetta and its okay to smoke crack while being the Mayor of Toronto?

Firstly I supported Tory over Ford in the 2014 election.
You would be also surprised to learn that I did support many of the Ontario Liberal ideas such as shutting down coal plants, giving free post-secondary classing to the poor and other things but I felt that Wynne was going too far to the left for my personal liking.

I'm reposting this in case people miss it yet again. FFS.

Good call. That seems legit.

However, between the van attack and the Danforth shooting, we still have 12 people dead from what I can clearly tell you are inadequate mental health supports. Indirectly, sure, but still as a result of our mental health supports being massively inadequate.

There are probably more.

What's the percentage of murders this year that are a cause of two massive societal failings?
Those being poor mental healthcare and the war on drugs.

What, 80%? 90%?

But no, go on....."drugs" are bad and mental people have it in their heads.
Carry on.

As a society we've somehow decided that we'd rather have people shooting up playgrounds than allowing people to safely purchase, cultivate, and use fuuuuuuggin plants.

Then we complain about them "rats". We're all rats that support the failure and danger that is this particular moral panic based in ignorance.

That's right: our high murder and gunshot rates are a direct consequence of the war on drugs.
The balls it takes to illegalise plants and then complain about people trying to make money on investments that make your shitty stock portfolio's returns look like you're pissing money away at a pub.
The sad part is, that even if we subtract the 12 homicides that you mentioned, this is the highest homicide rate in the past decade, and the 3 highest murder rates are the 3 Trudeau years.

The sad part is, that even if we subtract the 12 homicides that you mentioned, this is the highest homicide rate in the past decade, and the 3 highest murder rates are the 3 Trudeau years.

Oh c'mon man. The factors that go into creating the current homicide rate are so immense and complex, and the *time* it takes would be measured in decades. You'd be better off blaming Harper or Mulroney or Campbell. Hell blame JT's father and you'd likely be more on the money that correlating this blip to the current PM.

Oh c'mon man. The factors that go into creating the current homicide rate are so immense and complex, and the *time* it takes would be measured in decades. You'd be better off blaming Harper or Mulroney or Campbell. Hell blame JT's father and you'd likely be more on the money that correlating this blip to the current PM.
Harper extended an awful lot of energy and political capital on the safety and security file.
Trudeau has done absolutely nothing. This is the obvious result.

Harper extended an awful lot of energy and political capital on the safety and security file.
Trudeau has done absolutely nothing. This is the obvious result.

Ok but using similar logic or lack thereof, one could also blame Harper. Putting a lot of energy and political capital into safety and securing but with little forethought into corrections expansion or reformatory improvement obviously doesn't lead to good results. Fill a cage with baddies til it's beyond full, many will be coming out worse off than when they went in. Which may actually lead to a spike in violent crime 1, 2, 5 yrs down the line.

Ok but using similar logic or lack thereof, one could also blame Harper. Putting a lot of energy and political capital into safety and securing but with little forethought into corrections expansion or reformatory improvement obviously doesn't lead to good results. Fill a cage with baddies til it's beyond full, many will be coming out worse off than when they went in. Which may actually lead to a spike in violent crime 1, 2, 5 yrs down the line.

Based on what you said it would decades to find out if that is true :)

Doesn't matter who was in charge. They all perpetuate the war on drugs which has been the single highest source cause for murders and shootings in Toronto.

Doug Ford will do shit about the gun/homicide problem. He's supported by the Hell's Angels who benefit directly by the illegal gun trade.

Doug Ford will do shit about the gun/homicide problem. He's supported by the Hell's Angels who benefit directly by the illegal gun trade.
Aside from funding more basketball programs, what can the provincial government do? The courts make criminal law and immigration policy.

So I guess it happened, right?

tumblr_pd0vkrNc731tyv2j7o1_500.jpg

Source

Back