News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not get why people do not understand this. Stephen Holyday's (and his father's) rhetoric around bicycles and cars fits with a large number of people in that ward. A lot of people here think he is an idiot but he actually stand for what his residents believe.

Do you know Brad?

I have to say, I'm mixed on this one.

I had lengthy conversations w/both Kellway and Bradford and came off feeling like they both had the right answers on public policy.

Except Bradford changed all of his answers two weeks before the election to be able to get into the tory camp. He's bascially Carmichael-Gerb at this point. To me he's more disgusting than an openly conservative politician like Kelly, Pasternak or even the Fords.

Cressy vs Vuong is a very interesting race. Kevin got a head start, having campaigned and canvassed nonstop since May, Cressy was running out of the ward and only a small sliver of his would-be ward 24 is in the current ward 10. He began campaigning here only weeks ago. Cressy and Mike Layton argued over who would take University-Rosedale. Cressy did not want to run in the condo rich part of his old ward. He's not liked at all in CityPlace. He does better in neighbourhoods with houses where he spent most of his time in the last 4 years. Having seen unpublished polls, Vuong is in second place way ahead of Sabrina Zuniga in third. Cressy has a good lead. However — and this is where it gets really interesting — the number of undecideds in ward 10 is humongous. That does not bode well for the incumbent. If that many people are undecided days before the election, they're looking for change. If Kevin crystallizes as that change, he will actually pull this off and win.

#thirdplace

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it's not evident that this was ever remotely winnable for Vuong, boosterism or not.

The likes of Ana Bailao and Brad Bradord can evidently be easily bought for deputy mayor/committee chair type of gigs. So, no. I'd still say it's a conservative council.

But not a *Ford* Conservative council.

Here's how I see it (approximately)

1:right
2:right
3:right
4:left
5: right
6: right
7:left
8:centre
9:centre
10:left
11:left
12:centre-left
13:left
14:left
15:centre-right
16:right
17:centre-left
18:centre-left
19:centre
20:right
21:right
22:right
23:right
24:centre-right
25:centre

I do not get why people do not understand this. Stephen Holyday's (and his father's) rhetoric around bicycles and cars fits with a large number of people in that ward. A lot of people here think he is an idiot but he actually stand for what his residents believe.

Often, what residents believe is wrong. It takes true leadership to not just follow the whims of uneducated or selfish masses.

Commenters were right. Troisi went down in flames tonight. She won't even hit 10%

For all practical purposes their voting records are pretty similar. I don't feel sorry for Campbell one bit.

Campbell was at least somewhat capable of compromise and being influenced by fact. I can't say the same for Holyday, who is just a reactionary idiot. I've mentioned before on this forum that I attended school with him, and he was an insufferable ass even back then.

Back