Or is it a parallelogram? It's a little disorienting to look at. Thanks for the pics, Andrew.

A few other very nice features here, all of which had me as a buyer at the preview weekend.

First, it is one of the few condos I saw in the geographic area and price range that oriented the largest units towards the south-west. Toronto summers are still too short to invest in a 1300 square foot apartment that has a primarily northern exposure. While living in a studio unit is not particularly pleasant, there is no need for compensation in the form of a dramatic southern exposure.

Second, the three bedroom units are designed so that one can easily do away with one making a perfect and large two bedroom unit with an enlarged lving room. Toronto condos are very good buys at the pre-construction phase in that one has a fair degree of freedom to re-design as long as the concrete slab walls are not involved.

Third, the angling of the south face means that a south-west oriented apartment has views not only south and west but also towards a good slice of east.

This is what I call perfecion and now I hope I live long enough to see the end, perhaps even the start, of construction. Their promised move-in date of 2009 is so ludicrous that it could not even be considered a lie.

Oh yes, and the downside of the design. The balconies appear to be very narrow. Terrace living is now possible for a goodly portion of May through September - five months. The design here is so 30 years ago when a balcony was where you store empty beer cases and your bicycle.

^ Did Lanterra indicate a target start date for construction/excavation/preservation of the heritage building?

Am I the only one who isn't big on the car dealership building? I think it's the fact that it's so short. Bay St needs some tall, solid bases like on the Met or Malibu.

Lanterra is one of the slowest developers around. Personally I don't think anyone is going to move into this building before 2011. Murano is a pretty good indication of what to expect in terms of occupancy.

Lanterra is one of the slowest developers around. Personally I don't think anyone is going to move into this building before 2011. Murano is a pretty good indication of what to expect in terms of occupancy.

I find MLS to be moving at a decent rate. Sales were quick, a bit slow to start digging, but considering the size of the site and how deep it is, excavation went pretty quick (mind you still some going on) and they have 2 or 3 levels of underground parking poured on the north side. That and they built a bridge too.

Burano Sales

Spoke to an agent at the Burano sales centre yesterday. She said the building is "around 80%" sold. Prices on the penthouses skyrocketed. To give you an example, a 2 bdrm model on the 48th floor is $175K more than the same one on the 22nd floor. Granted it has 10 foot ceilings....

Thinking of trying to flip but building has to be 85% sold.

Stuck my head in today and was told they wee 80% sold out.

This is from Nov 11 of last year. I see two possibilities:

1) There have been virtually no sales in the past three months, leaving the sales stuck at 80 percent.

2) That "80 percent" figure is hogwash -- the agent merely gave a number high enough to encourage people who are undecided to buy now.

Bill

A few units on upper floors remain - construction likely to start in late spring.

Here are a couple shots of the model:

2359156030_7f93ab13f2.jpg

2359154792_05e18cd31d.jpg

Back