News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I wonder how they're going to open up the Adidas store to the interior atrium if there is a fire exit hallway between the two.

Actually this could be very interesting...per the comments below referenced from the City of Toronto's Online Building Permit Status Report it appears that the opening in the drywall is not only for visibility (as I originally thought) but they are going to connect the adidas store to the interior portions of Toronto Life Square via a bridge in the elliptical opening!

Application#: 07 231663 BLD 01 BA
Issued Date: Dec 4, 2007
Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations
Description: Revision to interior space to add new bridge @ elliptical opening. Tenant - "Adidas".

Cineplex on March 10 begin to open Varsity and Scotiabank Theatres at 10 in the mornings to against the new AMC. But who goes to the movies at 10 in the mornings on weekdays?

Cineplex on March 10 begin to open Varsity and Scotiabank Theatres at 10 in the mornings to against the new AMC. But who goes to the movies at 10 in the mornings on weekdays?
Think that I didn't anyone would at that hour go. Are anyone is awake at mornings 10 even? For parents with maybe children viewings?

That's good, I hope it works out for them, especially the Varsity which is my favorate multiplex. They do however, need to be price competitive with AMC for their morning screenings.

Think that I didn't anyone would at that hour go. Are anyone is awake at mornings 10 even? For parents with maybe children viewings?

grey your too much.

By any chance grey are you an english teacher? You remind me of my high school english teacher. He was very sarcastic (like you, like me). Although my mom did try to rip his head off one time.

That was cool!!!

Anyways back to TLS.. I don't know about 10 am showings... but 11 am or 11.30 could work.

Final Signage

Almost Done

dsc00466qx3.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something here....I don't think those signs look beautiful at all! Quite frankly, they are boring, "word" busy and not very creative. Did I miss some nuanced sarcasm about them somewhere along the way of this thread?

They're also doing some rework to mount two more signs. One is going right at the corner of Yonge/Dundas, above the Future Shop sign, and another one is going low on the Dundas side, almost directly above the main entrance. If you walk by you can see where they've removed aluminium panels and insulation so as to expose the steel structure so that they can weld on the new mounting brackets.

edit: Looking at the official website, I think both signs are for AMC. Definitely the one on the corner, and I'm pretty sure the one over the door corresponds to the little tiny sign you can see in View 02, peeking out behind the canopy in Dundas Square. That's a little disappointing, because I was kind of hoping the second, smaller sign would be a showtime ticker or a preview screen or something of the sort.

edit again: I've never seen this before, it's a detailed listing of all of the permissible locations and styles of signage on the building. It's pretty extensive http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-3848.pdf

I wish the ads were flush with the actual facade so they didn't look like such an add-on.

Hopefully when this building finishes and we all stop anticipating the next billboard, we'll begin to forget about all its flaws.

More density in the area would also help distract us.

Back