• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
One last view from 33 Yonge before I head off to California - looking forward to following the progress on here

1.jpg

Off topic but was the gated area at capacity with a line to get in or can anyone just show up and expect to get in? Wondering about future games if it's worth going down if you can't line up early.

I'm not sure as we just did a loop around the general area, stopping at Bremner & Simcoe to get this pic. It was fenced off just in front of us. I didn't see any lines, but apparently the lines were long earlier. Still a great vibe, even from right back there.

Raptors Just Might Win Friday

Westside Story:

Top, (there wasn't a jump during the week)

Middle

Bottom

A closer look at the Southwest Retail Building, Only 5 people and the crane operator constructed this entire five-floor building over a couple of weeks, mostly beginning around 3 pm and working late into the night. Steelwork is very quiet. The plans show the top visible floor is the roof of the building which will eventually have a green roof. It's very obvious that these steelworkers are highly trained in construction at heights with harnesses and retractable cables attached to their belts. As they walk along they must physically pull against the tension of the wires attached to secure 'lock-on'. They also have a second 'hook-on' rope to act as a safety, just in case, I suppose.

A closer look at the emergency exit stairwells that service the retail as well as the bus depot and maintenance floor

Eastside Story: General Shot

A closer look at the work being completed on the north train crash wall and east wall the separates 18 Yonge from this building. The crane will be assembling the triangular section that allows a walk-out from the food court part of the building to the elevated park

Finally, some formwork, completing the 3rd level floor which also encloses the bus depot

Raptors Just Might Win Friday

Westside Story:

Top, (there wasn't a jump during the week)

View attachment 188556

Middle

View attachment 188557

Bottom

View attachment 188558

A closer look at the Southwest Retail Building, Only 5 people and the crane operator constructed this entire five-floor building over a couple of weeks, mostly beginning around 3 pm and working late into the night. Steelwork is very quiet. The plans show the top visible floor is the roof of the building which will eventually have a green roof. It's very obvious that these steelworkers are highly trained in construction at heights with harnesses and retractable cables attached to their belts. As they walk along they must physically pull against the tension of the wires attached to secure 'lock-on'. They also have a second 'hook-on' rope to act as a safety, just in case, I suppose.

View attachment 188559

A closer look at the emergency exit stairwells that service the retail as well as the bus depot and maintenance floor

View attachment 188560

Eastside Story: General Shot

View attachment 188561

A closer look at the work being completed on the north train crash wall and east wall the separates 18 Yonge from this building. The crane will be assembling the triangular section that allows a walk-out from the food court part of the building to the elevated park

View attachment 188562

Finally, some formwork, completing the 3rd level floor which also encloses the bus depot

View attachment 188563
Stitched!!!
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Back