News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I live in Scarborough and my MPP is PC and female. Is this story about Christina Mitas?

When you have lost Lilley and the Sun...

What continually befuddles me is how when it comes to DoFo, *everything's* programmed to be within his limited jerkwater "Decoland" comfort zone--this caucus meeting in an airport strip hotel, event after event at the Toronto Congress Centre, even his breakfast standby of a Perkins Family Restaurant out in that neck of the woods. I mean, "for the people" and everything; but, sheesh, it's like he'd much rather mothball Queen's Park and transplant all government business to the Dixon & 27 zone...

Another survey finds Doug Ford’s approval ratings are among the lowest of Canadian premiers.

The DART survey received by CityNews asked Ontarians: “Do you approve or disapprove of your premier?” Ford received a 29 per cent approval, which is 5 per cent lower than his standing in March. This time last year, he had about 40 per cent support.

Surveyors’ criticism on Ford focused on healthcare, education, and social services. They described him as “beer obsessed.” The majority of those who still approved of Ford were senior men, Ontarians over the age of 55 and people who have a high school diploma, or less education.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/06/doug-ford-approval-drop/

What continually befuddles me is how when it comes to DoFo, *everything's* programmed to be within his limited jerkwater "Decoland" comfort zone--this caucus meeting in an airport strip hotel, event after event at the Toronto Congress Centre, even his breakfast standby of a Perkins Family Restaurant out in that neck of the woods. I mean, "for the people" and everything; but, sheesh, it's like he'd much rather mothball Queen's Park and transplant all government business to the Dixon & 27 zone...

Agreed, it's actually kind of disgusting. That part of Etobicoke especially feels like the ass end of Toronto, a dreary mixture of low-rise industrial wastelands, highways, utterly car dependent wide arterial roads with no urban street life, ugly architecture, and not a shred of anything sophisticated, artistic, or cultural within sight.

Sounds like the Ford caucus!

Actually, that's being too generous--even from the sound of that article, DoFo would clearly seem to be the most stunted and inarticulate of that particular bunch. It's like there's *nothing* operating in his head other than the same old slogans. Which is probably why he relies so much on Dean French--without him doing the reinforcing, he'd be hopeless--but of course, his hopelessness reflects back on his choice of and overreliance on Dean French. It's like some next level of Dunning-Kruger here, where DoFo's too concrete-headed even for a Trump level of diabolical.

It's like at this point, any imminent cabinet shuffle might as well be intercepted by caucus revolt and a merciful leadership overthrow, Aussie-style.

Agreed, it's actually kind of disgusting. That part of Etobicoke especially feels like the ass end of Toronto, a dreary mixture of low-rise industrial wastelands, highways, utterly car dependent wide arterial roads with no urban street life, ugly architecture, and not a shred of anything sophisticated, artistic, or cultural within sight.

My in-laws live in Ford Nation territory. We used to pass by the Steak Queen on the way to their place.

Tory MPPs warned they must promote upcoming Ford Fest amid "culture of fear" in caucus...

Nerves are frayed in the PC caucus after the Star revealed Wednesday that Ford’s chief of staff, Dean French, loudly scolded a female MPP on June 6 outside an airport hotel in front of the premier, other members and staffers.

The rookie GTA MPP broke down in tears and was inconsolable for five minutes, leading Ford to declare the next day that members “should be treated with respect.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...ford-fest-amid-culture-of-fear-in-caucus.html

Back