News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Dine Brands International Continues Expansion with Deal to Bring More IHOP® Restaurants to Canada

October 28, 2019

Dine Brands International announced today an agreement with Saeed Minhas, of Minhas Holdings, to bring the IHOP brand to exclusive locations in the Greater Toronto Area. The agreement calls for 15 new IHOP locations over seven years. The first location is expected to open mid-year 2020.

The new locations are expected to create approximately 900 jobs and contribute up to $15 million to the construction industry in the Greater Toronto Area.

Breakfast places seem to be popping up on every corner now. Surprised this didn't happen sooner

A step up from Golden Griddle, a chain that let itself die off by neglect. The one across from Maple Leaf Gardens - one of the last survivors - was atrocious.

If you want diner pancakes, you can do worse than IHOP.

Toronto has a plethora of great indie breakfast spots.
Yeah....and, failing that, I have a kitchen at home.

IHOP, my eye.

The only time I went to one was in Detroit. The girls I was with wanted to go...don't blame me. Sat down, couldn't eat anything on the menu, really, and so the server suggested the no carb platter. LawL. It was a pile of meat of dubious quality and provenance. No thanks.
I went outside and got drunk in the parking lot. One of my friends had to drive us back to Toronto.

That's what I think of IHOP.

I've tried Cora's (Quebec-based) and it is good. Any place that doesn't use real maple syrup will never see me.

How does IHOP compare, say, in quality and cost, to a Perkins?

For breakfast both are pretty much the same. For lunch and dinner Perkins has the better menu and good pies.

When i travel i try to look for the indie breakfast spots and mom and pop diners, but when I'm stuck or traveling on the interstate, i will go to either IHOP or Perkins. Every hicktown in America has those restaurants, and Waffle House of course, cheap food and packed full of truckers and trailer trash folks.

Back