News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I sometimes wonder if CF, dare I say, should purchase some of the retail storefronts on the east side of Yonge. It may finally force them to see their EC property as a fluid part of downtown and not a walled garden.
Are you saying they should shoot themselves in the foot by creating competition with EC?

It's not competition if they own it all though. Especially if the street is pedestrianized. They did buy the Simpson's building a few years back so there's some precedent, even though I'm talking about many smaller parcels here.

And yes, I'm totally thinking outside the box too.

I wish CF would put something on the top of their tower, or cut it down to size. I think there used to be a cheap pixel board up there. Even if they put a giant "CF," I wouldn't mind. It just feels unfinished otherwise.
Please no, no more CF signage. I think we've all had enough of them spamming us everywhere with that nonsense.

That's the saddest, cheapest looking Xmas tree in the world. We can't even do something so obvious and simple. Sigh... Utterly embarrassing to have something so mediocre in such a prominent location.

I wish CF would put something on the top of their tower, or cut it down to size. I think there used to be a cheap pixel board up there. Even if they put a giant "CF," I wouldn't mind. It just feels unfinished otherwise.
I totally agree! Why didn't they make the video screens taller if they were not going to put anything there? Why is Toronto so bad at putting up video screens? The ones with the exposed centre at Atrium are dreadful! It looks so unprofessional and the detailing is bad. It's not rocket science, if NYC can do it properly, why can't we?

More screens are going on top of the former Forever 21 building (future Rogers flagship), similar to what what was done on top of the Shoppers/former Hard Rock building.

That's fantastic. That corner has stood out as an awkward gap and the orientation facing directly south hasn't made sense since the Eaton Centre atrium was rebuilt. I think a corner screen following the lines of the heritage building its on will look great. But the building is a prime space for a proper media tower, perhaps rising from behind that corner screen and facing diagonally towards the square.

We need to get more daring and if there is a place in Toronto for cutting edge advertising technology, this is the place. Look what Samsung just built in Times Square.

20191209_134737.jpg
20191209_134827.jpg

Back