News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I feel privileged that I have the ability to work from home. For lower paid service, hospitality and retail workers, they don't have that option.

Worth saying, for as long as they continue to operate...........Cineplex is offering paid sick leave to hourly staff.............that is a welcome change.

But workers should not have to rely on the generosity or self-interest of their employers, it should be a right.

Darden Restaurants, at least in the U.S. have made a similar move w/Olive Garden staff.

This I think is some good action however I think we are now really exposing a massive flaw in our federation that ...

Parents in other parts of the country are going to be like "ooof" if they dont follow suit and it will cause confusion and some panic.

We are getting rather conflicting advice from all provinces on many things and as I said we live in 2020 where people look at info from far and wide rather then just local.

As we take more serious actions this may turn into a bigger issue.

From the very beginning days in China & the early spread in surrounding countries I was taking this seriously. I was in disbelief as things progressed and spread world wide at the comments from naysayers/non believers/people calling this a hoax or just downplaying the seriousness up to as little as two days ago even! Now reality has set in and many of those same people are now in full on panic mode! It took their sports or favourite events to get cancelled before they took their head out of the sand!

We don't need to panic BUT we need to be smart! And honestly maybe a full on worldwide lock-down for 2-3 weeks (excluding essential services such as police/medical/fire/utilities) to put an end to this!? Just rip that band-aid off!

Sadly, we are getting a measure of panic, it seems. Hopefully, its isolated.

I see reports where the big No Frills on Lansdowne has locked its doors citing unsafe crowding.

Toilet paper is apparently sold out at multiple stores.

From Twitter:

1584051291548.png

1584051316851.png

Grocery stores in the city were cleared of produce Thursday as panicked New Yorkers stockpiled supplies

Bad or good news...

Brazilian who met US President Donald Trump tests positive for COVID-19

Wajngarten, who posted a picture to his Instagram account that shows him side-by-side with Trump, developed flu-like symptoms and tested positive for the virus that has become a global pandemic.

Croonavirus_trump.JPG

From link.

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro's communications chief, who met Donald Trump last weekend at his Florida resort, has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the government said Thursday.

Fabio Wajngarten, chief spokesman for the Brazilian government, traveled with Bolsonaro last Saturday to Tuesday to the United States, where the far-right leader -- who has been dubbed a "Tropical Trump" -- met with his US counterpart.

Wajngarten, who posted a picture to his Instagram account that shows him side-by-side with Trump, developed flu-like symptoms and tested positive for the virus that has become a global pandemic, the Brazilian presidency said in a statement.

Trump said he was unconcerned, and downplayed his contact with "the press aide," apparently referring to Wajngarten.

"I did hear something about that. We had dinner together in Florida, in Mar-a-Lago, with the entire delegation. I don't know if the press aide was there. If he was there, he was there. But we did nothing very unusual," he said.

"Let me put it this way, I'm not concerned." Brazilian media reports said Bolsonaro had also been tested for the virus.

Newspaper O Globo reported that the US embassy in Brasilia had contacted the Brazilian government for information on Wajngarten's test.

The embassy did not immediately respond to a request for comment from AFP.

The Brazilian president's office "has taken and is taking all necessary preventive measures to protect the health of the president and all staff that traveled with him to the United States," it said in a statement.

"This is because one of the officials in the group, Presidential Communications Secretary Fabio Wajngarten, is infected with the new coronavirus, COVID-19, as confirmed by a second test that was recently carried out." Bolsonaro, an admirer of Trump, met the US president at a lunch on Saturday.

After the meeting, Wajngarten posted a picture of himself standing next to Trump and wearing a hat reading "Make Brazil Great Again." In the picture, Trump, who is holding a similar hat, is standing next to Vice President Mike Pence.

Longos at Maple Leaf Square is picked clean. I went to Walmart and No Frills at Dufferin Mall earlier and they were sold out of toilet paper too. People are scared and they are stocking up.

Earlier my mother said we did not need toilet paper now and she would purchase it when she needed it. I then went to the stores I mentioned above, texted her a picture and said.. purchase it where?

Longos at Maple Leaf Square is picked clean. I went to Walmart and No Frills at Dufferin Mall earlier and they were sold out of toilet paper too. People are scared and they are stocking up.

Earlier my mother said we did not need toilet paper now and she would purchase it when she needed it. I then went to the stores I mentioned above, texted her a picture and said.. purchase it where?

Has anyone tried to order it online?

Costco says "2-day delivery". See link.

imageService

Has anyone tried to ordered it online?

I did. Amazon only had the 24 regular rolls on for 22 dollars. The rest of the toilet paper was estimating 1-4 week delivery.

I gave up and tried my luck in store. I found some at RBC Plaza in Shoppers.I grabbed three packages of it.

Back