8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

2431421585_b60eae6089.jpg

2432238542_105344e8c0.jpg

2432240024_c8bb5529c5.jpg

I don't understand the love for this building. Are you sure the cladding isn't part of its green strategy? It looks like it's being reused from some Mississauga low-rise office park.

I don't understand the love for this building. Are you sure the cladding isn't part of its green strategy? It looks like it's being reused from some Mississauga low-rise office park.

I have yet to see the curtainwall in person, but my sentiments are the same...

What I love about Bay Adelaide:

1. I love the size: 1.2 Million Sq Ft.
2. I love the height 218 Meters
3. I love the glass for a few of reasons
- the detailing
- the two-tone colour
- the reflectivity
- the transparency
4. I love the fact we here in Toronto are finally getting a real office tower after 18 years (Brookfield Place)
5. I love the fact that by the end of the year we could be seeing a twin tower rising across the plaza (fingers crossed!!)
6. I love the fact its building unreal density in the Financial district
7. I love that this building is filling a gap in the Western View or Eastern View of the Toronto skyline. (eliminating the annoying gap between FCP/Scotiaplaza and the Cadillac Fairview Tower)
8. I love the fact it's a clean, simple, design, and looks to be done with extreme class.
9. Did I mention that it's really tall?
10. What's not to love about it?

The best office building ever built in Toronto with the exception of Scotiaplaza. ( And it's not even done yet!)

Of course: JMO (and everyone is entitled to that!!)

What I love about Bay Adelaide:

8. I love the fact it's a simple design, and looks to be done with extreme class.

I think a design this simple really needs attention to detail, and while the vast majority of the building isn't complete - the curtain wall isn't inspiring much confidence at the moment. I don't understand the transparency comments, it's not more transparent or reflective than just regular old glass. It's not really even one colour more than another, it's just glass-coloured.

Maybe when it's all done, with the ceilings and lights installed, it'll change the look for the better. At the moment though, I think it's just average. I'm glad it's being built, but wish it was something a little more than it's turning out to be. Snorefestival is my favourite jab so far :p

Caltrane ain't no McLovin.

He's the real deal!

That's right, I ain't no McLovin. -

But I am McLovin Bay Adelaide; and I'm totally sober.

. It's not really even one colour more than another, it's just glass-coloured.

I don't understand this comment, we just had a thread on this (glass colouring) in the Buildings section.

The glass depending on the angle is blue, grey or black. ( And as others have posted this glass is of the highest quality -its top notch, its class, and it looks extremely good- doesn't really matter how you say it- this building is a winner)

5. I love the fact that by the end of the year we could be seeing a twin tower rising across the plaza (fingers crossed!!)

If that's the case, I'll give this complex some credit. Shiny twin towers will add something unique to our skyline.

... but as it stands now, this location went from iconic tower potential to just another infill project. Granted, it is adding density to the financial district (we're gonna need wider sidewalks), but from a visual standpoint, I'm not impressed and feel it was a wasted opportunity.

I don't understand this comment, we just had a thread on this (glass colouring) in the Buildings section.

Just saying the glass has nothing interesting to even note about it. Are you guys positive it isn't being reused from somewhere?

Anyway, maybe people will stick things to the insides of the windows in their offices and, with some co-ordination, better the building that way. Alternating bands of post-it notes in houdstooth, check, gingham, waves, stripes, and dots?

It is way to early to judge this building. Only when fully clad will we really get a sense of how special it is. Commerce Court is one of my favs and it isn't too far off from this one in my mind at least. Fingers crossed.

Such differing opinions on the glass here! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it looks eh? I still hope we get the twin towers here though. But imagine if they had combined the two towers into one supertower!

The tallest, most boring skyscraper on earth. Yee Haw.

The glass is glass. Run of the mill. Doesn't change colour. Nothing of great detail on this building anymore. All the redeeming details were removed like the fins at the top, side and the LED lighting. The glass just relfects the sky ( blue ), the clouds ( grey ) and other buildings ( black ). This thing is going to blend in like sweatpants at a buffet. I do think RBC looks much sleeker though.

Back