News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

thanks ^

5gvt3.gif

The main lesson I got from these (excellent) renderings is just how effing tall Scotia Plaza actually is (and 1BE too). I had known this before, of course, but these renderings really drive the point home.

The main lesson I got from these (excellent) renderings is just how effing tall Scotia Plaza actually is (and 1BE too). I had known this before, of course, but these renderings really drive the point home.

I think it shows how much smaller BA is rather then how much taller Scotia is :( I thought BA was much higher then shown, but unfortunately not:(:(

I obviously hoped for taller, but you know what, it's going to be a very solid addition to our skyline. Once all the phases are complete, it should be one hell of a complex.

I think it shows how much smaller BA is rather then how much taller Scotia is :( I thought BA was much higher then shown, but unfortunately not:(:(

Of course we wish it was taller. - But in the end it really adds a very nice taper to the skyline when viewed from east or west.

Why does it need to taper there? Tapering suggests that the high point of downtown is right across the street (which it is). That makes our skyline extremely tiny! It's like saying "okay, we give up, this part of downtown will never be more dense than it is now -- start tapering towers here."

Why does it need to taper there? Tapering suggests that the high point of downtown is right across the street (which it is). That makes our skyline extremely tiny! It's like saying "okay, we give up, this part of downtown will never be more dense than it is now -- start tapering towers here."

Excellent point grey!!

But don't you get annoyed at the big freaking gap in the skyline as it stands now?

Bay Adelaide at Night

baynightadelaidebq6.png

lifeoneight at : www.flickr.com

There is truth to this -- I think that due to the NPS shadowing policy, we will never see anything taller than FCP in that part of downtown -- but we might see taller buildings north of Dundas. 1BE, at 281m or more (if Bazis gets their way) and Aura, at possibly 291m, might be merely the first of the very tall buildings to appear between Queen and Bloor, and Jarvis and University.

The story of the next several decades could be the gradual filling in of the north-south skyline between the FCP, Aura and 1BE high points with similarly tall, or taller, buildings (although there might be a construction slowdown or two along the way).

Actually, that is one likely story, but almost equally dramatic changes are likely to happen in other parts of downtown, too -- i.e. Clubland, which will probably turn into a forest of 25- to 45-storey buildings.

Yeah, it's all about the NPS shadowing policy. Didn't the final design for Sapphire manage to reach something like 90 storeys even after shadow studies? I guess it's possible that we could see super talls west of bay street some day, like around York and Richmond-Adelaide.

Didn't the final design for Sapphire manage to reach something like 90 storeys even after shadow studies?

No. Harry tried to push 90 but 60 was pretty much the maximum to avoid shadows.

Back