News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm another ex-season pass holder that will certainly be heading over to Wonderland a couple times this year.

Better yet, I'm not sure if this is employed anywhere else, but there should be an express line for season pass holders and for people who want to "pay-per-ride". They could sell line by-pass tickets, you'd buy a string of these and then use them to by pass long lines.

Besides being totally un-Canadian :rolleyes: Wouldn't that line just become the new long line? Those line by-pass tickets better be pretty expensive.

I don't like the idea of a line by-pass either.

But man, I can't wait to try this one out

It's great that Cedar Fair invested in a ride such as Behemoth. Most people stopped going to Wonderland because Paramount invested in attractions that were less than impressive. Finally we have something to look forward to. This will bring back those people who stopped going to Wonderland, such as myself.

Five to six years ago I finally got to experience megacoasters with trips to Darien Lake (Superman) and Cedarpoint (Millenium Force and Magnum XL-200.) That was quite the experience after a steady diet of Canada's Wonderland coasters. I've been wanting a megacoaster at CW for some time now.

A year or two before Cedar Fair bought the joint, I had an email exchange with a CW rep asking about megacoasters at CW. I was told that "we've done surveys and our patrons don't want rides like them, they want family rides" despite all the evidence I gave otherwise. So they're either idiots, surveyed the wrong people and don't realize the money that can be made with an addition like that or I was lied to and Paramount was being tight-assed cheap with the yearly ride/attraction additions. Probably the latter.

Anyways, after a lengthy absence I plan to go to CW this Sunday to ride the Behemoth several times. It'll be interesting to see the megacoaster newbies reactions to this thing.

Too bad all the land around the park was gobbled up by housing developers. I'm old enough to remember empty land all around the park during the early years. Imagine what the park could have been like with a lot more land. *sigh*

What they should do is provide boarding time cards much like they do at some american parks. You come in, get a pass saying 3pm and you arrive at 3pm in a much shorter line. I remember having to only wait 20 mins to ride the hulk at universal studios when the line up for non timed people was around 2 or 3 hours.

^ that's a good idea. Seriously, who wants to spend half of their day at Wonderland waiting to get on a single ride?

Five to six years ago I finally got to experience megacoasters with trips to Darien Lake (Superman) and Cedarpoint (Millenium Force and Magnum XL-200.) That was quite the experience after a steady diet of Canada's Wonderland coasters. I've been wanting a megacoaster at CW for some time now.

A year or two before Cedar Fair bought the joint, I had an email exchange with a CW rep asking about megacoasters at CW. I was told that "we've done surveys and our patrons don't want rides like them, they want family rides" despite all the evidence I gave otherwise. So they're either idiots, surveyed the wrong people and don't realize the money that can be made with an addition like that or I was lied to and Paramount was being tight-assed cheap with the yearly ride/attraction additions. Probably the latter.

Anyways, after a lengthy absence I plan to go to CW this Sunday to ride the Behemoth several times. It'll be interesting to see the megacoaster newbies reactions to this thing.

Too bad all the land around the park was gobbled up by housing developers. I'm old enough to remember empty land all around the park during the early years. Imagine what the park could have been like with a lot more land. *sigh*

I took a trip to Cedar Point myself to experience Millenium Force when it first came out. I did not care that I waited in line for what seemed hours, I was determined to try out something extreme after being bored of all of Wonderlands rides. Cedar Point was something else! Raptor was incredible, Mantis was awesome (before they started putting all the breaks in), the Force was unexplainable. After Cedar Point, I never went back to Wonderland.

I too remember all the land around Wonderland. I think what Cedar Fair should start doing is removing the older rides, like Dragonfyre and The Bat and putting in newer rides. Dragonfyre sits on a nice plot of land that can easily handle a large coaster. This is not to say those rides aren't great, but it's time for change.

I think that survey was bullshit and Paramount was just being cheap. "If you build it, they will come" - this is what is happening right now. Many of us are going to Wonderland this year after not visiting the park in years JUST to ride Behemoth. It makes perfect sense, invest in something big and you will see returns.

Please report back here after riding Behemoth :)

^ oh no! Although a short thrill, The Bat is one of my fav rides. The space is takes up is also so little that they wouldn't really reclaim much land.

Dragonfyre could definitely be replaced as can rides like The Fly that offer little thrill yet take up lots of space.

Not to mention that they have an entire parking lot that represents around 30% of their property (GoogleMap). They have plenty of room to grow should they want to. Build a multi level parkade to accomodate parking requirements and they'll have all this new space to build on. Heck, they could build a Disneyland type hotel with multiple levels of underground parking and the parkade would pay itself many times over.

They also have lots of room in the forest to the rear of the property. Imagine having a coaster that could fly over the rapids and swing through trees.

I took a trip to Cedar Point myself to experience Millenium Force when it first came out. I did not care that I waited in line for what seemed hours, I was determined to try out something extreme after being bored of all of Wonderlands rides. Cedar Point was something else! Raptor was incredible, Mantis was awesome (before they started putting all the breaks in), the Force was unexplainable. After Cedar Point, I never went back to Wonderland.

I too remember all the land around Wonderland. I think what Cedar Fair should start doing is removing the older rides, like Dragonfyre and The Bat and putting in newer rides. Dragonfyre sits on a nice plot of land that can easily handle a large coaster. This is not to say those rides aren't great, but it's time for change.

I think that survey was bullshit and Paramount was just being cheap. "If you build it, they will come" - this is what is happening right now. Many of us are going to Wonderland this year after not visiting the park in years JUST to ride Behemoth. It makes perfect sense, invest in something big and you will see returns.

Please report back here after riding Behemoth :)

I was in heaven when I went to Cedar Point a few years ago. All of those rides were amazing!! When I went they had opened Top Thrill dragster that year I think. Not quite the typical coaster but damn was that shit fast. I got on early in the day and by noon it was easily the longest line in the park.

They also have lots of room in the forest to the rear of the property. Imagine having a coaster that could fly over the rapids and swing through trees.

That would be awesome. Put in an underground tunnel and an inverted loop that goes above the tree canopy and back down.

I did some wiki research on CW and found some facts to note:

** Since Paramount no longer owns and operates the park, some of the names have since changed:

Top Gun = Flight Deck
Tomb Raider = Time Warp
Italian Job = Back Lot Stunt Coaster

** Capacity (rides per hour)
Top Gun - 1040
Behemoth - 1545

The Behemoth will have 3 train sets in operation thereby increasing capacity. Many coasters at Cedar Point operate 3 train sets as well and I found that this goes a long way to quicken line ups. The Behemoth will undoubtedly have the longest lines, but if they are able to achieve the intended capacity then that should help a lot (2 hour wait instead of 3 ;))

^ haha, love the new names for the rides.

Here are some better suggestions
Top Gun > Non Gun Flying thingy
Tomb Raider > Boring thing that doesn't look like flying
Italian Job > Generic Car Moving Dohickey.

Me and some friends are taking advantage of the four season passes for 59.99 deal. None of us have been for years, save for one or two visits. This ride is bringing people back by the millions!

In my experience, the express pass policy which lets you bypass lines is not all it's made out to be. At Cedar Point, you could only obtain your express pass during a mass distribution which was held once per day. For bigger rides like Dragster, you'd have to line up an hour and a half before the passes are given out, otherwise you'd miss out. When you get to the ride itself, you'll still wait about 30 minutes in most cases.

So without the pass, you wait 2 hours in the actual ride's line. With the pass, you wait 1.5 hours to get the pass, plus another 30 minutes in line for the ride. Then there are the poor people who waited an hour for the pass, didn't end up getting one, and end up waiting another 2 hours for the ride. Bottom line: beware!

Best idea is to go on a rainy weekday in May, and on weekends in October. Avoid the park entirely in July and August.

So I went to CW on Sunday. It was a Scotia Bank family & friends event so the park wasn't at full capacity. I think it wasn't even at half capacity. No complaints of course from me. :D

I got to ride Behemoth six times. The lineups weren't at all that bad, in fact they were very good. From the looks of things there were a lot of families there with younger kids so there weren't as many teenagers and 20-somethings clogging up the new coaster. It also helped that there are three trains going making the line move quickly.

Behemoth is comparable to Superman at Darien Lake though a bit taller and with a steeper hill and I think a little more interesting set of curves and hills (from memory.) It easily blows away all other coasters at CW. You could argue that Top Gun, er Flight Deck, still holds it's own due to the acrobatics. Behemoth doesn't quite measure up to Millenium Force at Cedarpoint though. I'm hoping with the success of Behemoth that Cedar Fair installs a MF sized coaster in the near future.

From overhearing the megacoaster newbies they were quite impressed with the size and speed of Behemoth. When the park opens up and school is let out the lines are going to be massive. I saw one guy puke after the ride. Wimp. :p

If I was Cedar Fair, bullets would be put into Dragon Fyre and Wild Beast as soon as possible.

Back