News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm sure we all can expect another big addition to the park for the 2011 season as it will be Canada's Wonderland's 30th Anniversary. Hopefully it will be a Giga Coaster :)

My predictions for the additions over the years:

2008: Behemoth (We already know)
2009: Complete redesign of Splash Works, with many new additions to it
2010: New Flat Ride
2011: Gigacoaster
2012: Wonder Mountain refurbished and fixed up with improvements and changes to the mountain ride. Also an addition with a new KIDS ride.

My 5 year plan. I guarantee Cedar Fair is not gonna be conservative with their ride additions like Paramount was with their copycat clone rides they would always install. They will most definitely install another big ticket ride for 2011, it just makes sense they will for the 30th Anniversary.

Yeah a 30th anniversary is pretty big right? I hope you're right! The more coasters the better!

BehemothWalkRandom049.jpg

I finally got to see it in person, and it looks fantastic!

I have been on a few rides greater than 200 feet, and what I have found is that once you're over 200 feet tall, the determining factor is layout rather than height. A good 200 foot tall ride could easily be better than a bad 300 foot ride. The same is rarely true for rides shorter than that - even a bad 200 foot ride should be far better than all but the best of the shorter rides.

You can now bid to be on the first train to officially run on Behemoth. All money goes to charity, of course. Based on the number of people bidding so far, it will cost you $100 to get on the first train, but for that you also get dinner, a gift, and a companion ticket for a friend.

Bidding is open until April 22 at http://www.cafyr.org/public/auction_cw/home.html

Has anyone noticed all the Behemoth ads now up in transit shelters (at least in Mississauga anyway)

I can't wait to ride the Behemoth. I haven't seen the ads, but I've driven past it quite a few times in recent weeks and it gets me pumped up to go to Wonderland for the first time in years.

A coworker says its the noisiest thing she has ever heard from Wonderland. She lives in the neighbourhood caught in the picture above and has been watching as they test the ride.

It might be the noisiest, but let's remember that there are no other rides operting or games or kids screaming and it's the closest ride to that neighbourhood (not including splash works) so it's only natural that it would seem very loud. Once everything is open the sound of this ride will not be as prevalent as everything will create one constant buzz.

Anyone who bought a home near Wonderland not expecting it to be noisy...

...is about as dense as those complaining about the Island Airport.

Bwahaha, can't wait to get on that ride.

I can't wait to ride the Behemoth. I haven't seen the ads, but I've driven past it quite a few times in recent weeks and it gets me pumped up to go to Wonderland for the first time in years.

I feel the same way.

It's great that Cedar Fair invested in a ride such as Behemoth. Most people stopped going to Wonderland because Paramount invested in attractions that were less than impressive. Finally we have something to look forward to. This will bring back those people who stopped going to Wonderland, such as myself.

Now I can ride a real man's rollercoaster and not feel like an idiot standing in line for Wilderbeast with all the teenagers!

The problem with this is that Wonderland is already crowded. They need a couple more "must ride" rides to thin out the lineups on just this one.

Better yet, I'm not sure if this is employed anywhere else, but there should be an express line for season pass holders and for people who want to "pay-per-ride". They could sell line by-pass tickets, you'd buy a string of these and then use them to by pass long lines.

Back