News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Is there any discussion on the way forward w.r.t. the litigation with the owners of Galeries D'Anjou for expropriation of property for station construction?

The provincial legislation to accelerate expropriations has been tabled in late September and is now at the committee stage
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/travaux-parlementaires/projets-loi/projet-loi-66-42-1.html

I guess it will become law before the end of the year and construction will be able to begin as scheduled in 2021

Blog post on the REM website with more photos.
1605548827966.png

1605548838092.png

1605548847512.png

1605548869237.png

1605548880097.png

1605548890811.png

1605548900637.png

1605548911516.png

Given Covid, this may actually be a plus in terms of ease of cleanliness (which is likely why most Asian metro systems adopt plastic seating for daily disinfections e.g. Beijing, Shanghai, etc.).

From link.

How Long Does the Coronavirus Live on Surfaces?

Plastics
Examples: milk containers and detergent bottles, subway and bus seats, backpacks, elevator buttons
2 to 3 days

Fabrics

Examples: clothes, linens
There’s not much research about how long the virus lives on fabric, but it’s probably not as long as on hard surfaces.

From link.

Every station, bus, streetcar, Wheel-Trans vehicle and train is receiving extra attention multiple times a day, on a daily basis.
The TTC vehicles (including seats) are cleaned several times a day.

Given Covid, this may actually be a plus in terms of ease of cleanliness (which is likely why most Asian metro systems adopt plastic seating for daily disinfections e.g. Beijing, Shanghai, etc.).
The REM is slated to open the first section in 2022 (they announced delays recently iirc), so by the time the REM opens its doors, its likely COVID won't be much of an issue.

Love the look of the new REM cars, they carry a lot of the same design language of the Azur trains. Although the row seats are all fun and dandy until its the middle of the winter and you're trying to sit side by side in a puffy winter jacket.

It seems like there are more seats in the REM cars which I guess makes sense if you're replacing commuter trains.

Haha I was waiting for your reaction and you did not disappoint 😄
If this is what cattle get in New York, Torontonians should consider applying to Bovine University.
I said the same about that ill-conceived seating system when TTC proposed it for the TR cars. Should I treat Montreal specially?

I don't get it - I criticize TTC and Metrolinx decisions harshly and I get little reaction. But someone always react negatively when I pick on LRT in other cities.

I said the same about that ill-conceived seating system when TTC proposed it for the TR cars. Should I treat Montreal specially?

I don't get it - I criticize TTC and Metrolinx decisions harshly and I get little reaction. But someone always react negatively when I pick on LRT in other cities.

I'm curious about what you find bad about this seating arrangement? It looks like a regular standing room/ high capacity seating arrangement to me. I don't get the cattle car comment either...

Back