4.9K     0 

Mainstreet Research backed this up with a poll today that has
PC: 40%
NDP: 19%
Liberal 16%
Green 5%
Other 4%
Undecided: 17%

What is striking in the data is a huge male/female split.
47.4% of men support Ford.
32.1% of women support Ford.

Some of those women broke to Horwath, but most wound up in the undecided side.

My personal take on that is they don't want to vote for Del Duca, but may anyway, but won't say so for a poll which is a "you don't have to vote right now" basis. However, if there is a perceived inevitable Ford win, there is an opportunity for the Greens to pick off many of them, but that would require very good PR which they generally aren't funded well enough to manage.

He doesn't have any strong competition at this point.
Therein lies the problem. Leadership from the NDP and the Liberals must first appear, and that will require a change at the top. Shoddy circumstance and luck allowed Ford to gain the leadership of his party and then handed him the Premiership of Ontario. If things don't change soon, this unlikely Premier will win again with a majority government and well less than half of the votes.

Mainstreet Research backed this up with a poll today that has
PC: 40%
NDP: 19%
Liberal 16%
Green 5%
Other 4%
Undecided: 17%

What is striking in the data is a huge male/female split.
47.4% of men support Ford.
32.1% of women support Ford.

Some of those women broke to Horwath, but most wound up in the undecided side.

My personal take on that is they don't want to vote for Del Duca, but may anyway, but won't say so for a poll which is a "you don't have to vote right now" basis. However, if there is a perceived inevitable Ford win, there is an opportunity for the Greens to pick off many of them, but that would require very good PR which they generally aren't funded well enough to manage.

Hmmm, very unusual to publish the undecided in this way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the PCs at 40, but I don't buy the other numbers.

Edit, here's Mainstreet's numbers among decided voters:

1607625261669.png

I feel Ford will be re-elected and Del Duca will get the boot.

LOL, yeah - I really would have loved to see the Liberal leadership convention to get a read of the room as to how it's even remotely possible for the party members to have taken a single look at Del Duca (never mind listening to him) and collectively think: "Yes!! This is the guy we need to lead us back to majority governance!!" I can't imagine a more tone-deaf pack of fools in a single room. It's almost self-flagellating.

LOL, yeah - I really would have loved to see the Liberal leadership convention to get a read of the room as to how it's even remotely possible for the party members to have taken a single look at Del Duca (never mind listening to him) and collectively think: "Yes!! This is the guy we need to lead us back to majority governance!!" I can't imagine a more tone-deaf pack of fools in a single room. It's almost self-flagellating.

Del Duca sold the most memberships; the people who bought them, voted for their guy.

He did this through organization, paid for by donors.

Should it work that way?

Absolutely not!

But this is the way of things, more often than not.

[/Q

I fear it could be the end of the party not saying people will vote for Ford they could look at the NDP.

I don't know about the NDP - Andrea Horwath has far overstayed her welcome. Her presence is very tired and they need fresh blood. Unfortunately, no matter how pathetic Ford's leadership gets over the next 2 years, he'll have a cakewalk to another mandate barring a catastrophic scandal.

I don't know about the NDP - Andrea Horwath has far overstayed her welcome. Her presence is very tired and they need fresh blood. Unfortunately, no matter how pathetic Ford's leadership gets over the next 2 years, he'll have a cakewalk to another mandate barring a catastrophic scandal.

I once argued with her in the Bay on Queen about her complacency.

More to the point, in 2011 I was on the Scarborough Southwest Executive and got booted for saying I could not support Andrea and her feel good policies. I wanted to win not just make everyone feel good and talk about what might be a good idea one day.

The NDP in Ontario support their leader no matter what. Andrea could come out and say that the Catholic school boards need to be abolished and that taxes need to be raised substantially but the members of the NDP will support her to their dying breath. It is their greatest weakness.

Andrea is an OK leader but not who they need to win. They need a Jack Layton style leader not someone who is all in on the grass roots working class politics.

Eventually I gave up and joined the Communist Party of Canada comrade!

Premier Ford, at a press conference today about the pandemic that has killed 3,916 Ontarians:

“Folks, this carbon tax is gonna be the worst disaster you could ever see.”
Ford: The carbon tax is no doubt a threat to prosperity. Let's cremate everyone who died of COVID-19 in a huge bonfire and scatter the ashes on the rivers of Northern Ontario indiscriminately. Out of sight, out of mind, I would say.

Anyone with a brain: The carbon tax helps pay for environmental damage as climate change will cost us much more in the long run.

Therein lies the problem. Leadership from the NDP and the Liberals must first appear, and that will require a change at the top. Shoddy circumstance and luck allowed Ford to gain the leadership of his party and then handed him the Premiership of Ontario. If things don't change soon, this unlikely Premier will win again with a majority government and well less than half of the votes.
Premier Ford, at a press conference today about the pandemic that has killed 3,916 Ontarians:

“Folks, this carbon tax is gonna be the worst disaster you could ever see.”

Carbon tax is a nasty to word to the right for what ever reason what they should be saying is were happy and fully support it.

The carbon tax is really a carbon dividend: almost all of the revenue is being refunded back to taxpayers.

Back