Wikipedia - Tallest buildings in Toronto is severely outdated. I feel the UT community could restore this page. Does anyone know how to update pictures and charts on Wikipedia? Not that it is a huge deal - however it’s the first page that comes up when googled anything in the Toronto skyscraper realm

Wikipedia - Tallest buildings in Toronto is severely outdated. I feel the UT community could restore this page. Does anyone know how to update pictures and charts on Wikipedia? Not that it is a huge deal - however it’s the first page that comes up when googled anything in the Toronto skyscraper realm
For charts, you can use VisualEdit. It's much easier.

For images, you have to upload them to Wikimedia Commons first, then you can added the images to the Wikipedia article. Non-copyrighted images on Wikipedia are generally taken from Wikimedia Commons.

Here is the link to Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org

Most importantly, when adding or modifying information, be sure to include a reliable source. Guidelines can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RS

Edits are often reverted without reliable sources for good reason.

It is best to register on Wikipedia as it allows for the ability to edit many of the more popular and/or controversial articles (semi-protected articles can only be edited by registered users that have registered for a few days and made a few edits) and Wikipedians are more likely to trust edits made by registered users.

Last edited:
What we dont get an exclusive UT LEGO thread for us LEGO enthusiasts? ;P

Not hard to start a new thread in General ;)

As an aside, I'm always astounded by the precision and tolerances in Lego — so well-fitting that Lego actually had to design a tool to separate pieces that have snapped together too tightly. I've never seen flashing, colour mottling/streaking or bubbles on a piece of Lego in all my years on this planet. Even more impressive is the fact that they were consistently getting that 40 years ago, too.

I have a ton of those:

1611191794373.jpeg

I can go on a bit further about Lego QC (it is good, but not perfect) - but won't derail this thread further for it.

AoD

For charts, you can use VisualEdit. It's much easier.

For images, you have to upload them to Wikimedia Commons first, then you can added the images to the Wikipedia article. Non-copyrighted images on Wikipedia are generally taken from Wikimedia Commons.

Here is the link to Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org

Most importantly, when adding or modifying information, be sure to include a reliable source. Guidelines can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RS

Edits are often reverted without reliable sources for good reason.

It is best to register on Wikipedia as it allows for the ability to edit many of the more popular and/or controversial articles (semi-protected articles can only be edited by registered users that have registered for a few days and made a few edits) and Wikipedians are more likely to trust edits made by registered users.
I happen to be a registered user and thought about editing the page many times. I'm just hesitant to because I don't want to miss a building lol and there are a lot of them.

I happen to be a registered user and thought about editing the page many times. I'm just hesitant to because I don't want to miss a building lol and there are a lot of them.
It might take a week or two lol. The pictures look like they are from about 2012

I assume since the exoskeleton is actually structural, it will be assembled along with the rest of the structural steel? And not with cladding (The Well)?

Hope to see it soon.

I assume since the exoskeleton is actually structural, it will be assembled along with the rest of the structural steel? And not with cladding (The Well)?

Hope to see it soon.
You are correct. The 8 massive super-columns on the outside perimeter of the building will be the first to be installed and concreted (is that a word? 😂) as it is currently, and the interior floors and walls to follow after that.

There is cladding that will be installed over these super-columns which will go up along with the rest of the building cladding. This article outlines the exterior finishes: The One's Exterior Finishes

Here are a couple of pictures from that article. Personally, I'd have liked the super-column cladding to be more bronze coloured, but that's a minor gripe.
1611347871542.png

1611347946788.png

Think it really depends on the light. You can see in the second photo it's got a brassy finish to it. Most of the renders have suggested a more muted brass (there's hasn't been a bronze tone to it since the first iterations way back when).

Think it really depends on the light. You can see in the second photo it's got a brassy finish to it. Most of the renders have suggested a more muted brass (there's hasn't been a bronze tone to it since the first iterations way back when).
I feel like they were adding that warm sunset look to it as well. I can see why some see that as bronze like. What we seem to be getting looks pretty promising. The second photos as stated by Contra does suggest sun angles will make it change through the day from a silver to a hint of bronze. The whole thing together is going to look so clean and modern simple yet effective.

I’ve never been worried about the One’s exterior treatment, those cladding pics remind me why. What a treat it was to have gotten a preview so far in advance, rest assured. Real unique look to it, there’s no building in the city quite like it.

Back