Ah come on? i have a feeling that in the next 10 years everything will blend in nicely, when all residential, office, institutional, retail is built with schools, community centres
throw in the transportation hubs, LRT, streetscape, parks, waterfront promenades and some big trees, etc. and you are going to have a sweet area from Yonge to Cherry
I'd say its great place to invest and not give up on
I have noticed that when anybody questions the quality of a developer's buildings, you are always jump in to defend the developers and justify the worst buildings, saying things like it could have been worse. Is your ambition for this city to just be happy being average? Is that something that everyone should aspire to, just being ok? If we have the ability to be a first rate city, that attracts the best from all over the world, why not demand great developments? I don't understand why you continuously defend the worst buildings, well, unless it is in your better interest financially.

Walls of glass are the worst thing you can do for street level animation and I see way too much of it all over Toronto. I will always demand better from our politicians and developers! If a developer wants to make money off this city, I think they have an obligation to help create a better city, not destroy it with cold, bland, oppressive walls of glass at street level!

I have noticed that when anybody questions the quality of a developer's buildings, you are always jump in to defend the developers and justify the worst buildings, saying things like it could have been worse. Is your ambition for this city to just be happy being average? Is that something that everyone should aspire to, just being ok? If we have the ability to be a first rate city, that attracts the best from all over the world, why not demand great developments? I don't understand why you continuously defend the worst buildings, well, unless it is in your better interest financially.

Walls of glass are the worst thing you can do for street level animation and I see way too much of it all over Toronto. I will always demand better from our politicians and developers! If a developer wants to make money off this city, I think they have an obligation to help create a better city, not destroy it with cold, bland, oppressive walls of glass at street level!
Personally, I really like this building so far. But I wouldn't consider it one of the "worst buildings". Feels like a stretch to me. While that's your opinion it doesn't feel like the majority... As for street level animation, you have excellent points but it's far from complete. I'll reserve my judgement for now.

I think most of the key defining elements of this building will be seen from street level and are still to be completed, or are covered up by the hoarding. If the lobby turns out anything like the renderings, it could actually lend quiet nicely to the area, IMO. Personally, I like the curtain wall they chose on the south-east corner.

This crane should be coming down next.
Pictures from last week.

70B647AE-5344-42C3-9CF1-ED3659FEA2C2.jpeg

Every new building in the neighbourhood was working on the roofing this week. Taking advantage of the weather.
17C63C63-2161-4FFC-9E57-FA6EB1AA3531.jpeg

4035655D-18CA-4707-A6E7-29C8FA0B0882.jpeg

0BD97FA5-B545-40B7-917B-3AD500F23E38.jpeg

taken today
8D461416-3896-4457-80F3-3984C0058CEA.jpeg

Simple shape, but reminds me of TD's 60s towers which is not the worst association for a new building in Toronto.

What a beautiful looking dark glazed facade the LBCO tower has. Would have been nice to see this building tripled in size. To add some rich colour to the skyline and cover up some ugly buildings. As seen in the photos up above!

What a beautiful looking dark glazed facade the LBCO tower has. Would have been nice to see this building tripled in size. To add some rich colour to the skyline and cover up some ugly buildings. As seen in the photos up above!
What ugly buildings is this covering up? There's not much around here that's tall enough to make much of an impact on the skyline other than Daniels.

If anything this glass box is covering up much nicer buildings in the background like the Royal York Hotel, at least from Polson Pier.

What ugly buildings is this covering up? There's not much around here that's tall enough to make much of an impact on the skyline other than Daniels.

If anything this glass box is covering up much nicer buildings in the background like the Royal York Hotel, at least from Polson Pier.
Everything behind the highway and tracks will eventually be covered by these new towers in the front anyway. And most of these new and proposed lake front tower's facade won't impact the skyline like this one and the CIBC tower do. This is why we need dark solid colour facades like this to liven up the waterfront. Pay attention and look at this building in the waterfront compared to the others in the photos up above.

Back