It's honestly quite the sight when biking east along Goodman Trail. It's very impressive in person. The future of the waterfront is looking bright.

Shot by me last week:

128330880_702387750481391_6473767156666862310_n.jpg

Photo Copyright.

Yup. Absolutely despise the way this part of the city is developing and wish we could wipe it all away with a clean slate.
Ah come on? i have a feeling that in the next 10 years everything will blend in nicely, when all residential, office, institutional, retail is built with schools, community centres
throw in the transportation hubs, LRT, streetscape, parks, waterfront promenades and some big trees, etc. and you are going to have a sweet area from Yonge to Cherry
I'd say its great place to invest and not give up on

Last edited:
Ah come on? i have a feeling that in the next 10 years everything will blend in nicely, when all residential, office, institutional, retail is built with schools, community centres
throw in the transportation hubs, LRT, streetscape, parks, waterfront promenades and some big trees, etc. and you are going to have a sweet area from Yonge to Cherry
I'd say its great place to invest and not give up on
From a street level perspective sure but I will never forgive this area for what it's done to our skyline. Anything that blocks out my favourite buildings and the city's best architecture in the skyline is a huge no for me. At street level this area will improve dramatically but the same could have been said if they built shorter, better designed buildings along here.

I understand preserving skyline aesthetics and vistas are the last things planners worry about, especially in a city growing as rapidly as ours but I don't care. I will never forgive this area for destroying our once picture perfect skyline from just a few years ago, regardless of how much demand there is.

Toronto by Adel Farid, on Flickr

Last edited:
From a street level perspective sure but I will never forgive this area for what it's done to our skyline. Anything that blocks out my favourite buildings and the city's best architecture in the skyline is a huge no for me. At street level this area will improve dramatically but the same could have been said if they built shorter, better designed buildings along here.

I understand preserving skyline aesthetics and vistas are the last things planners worry about, especially in a city growing as rapidly as ours but I don't care. I will never forgive this area for destroying our once picture perfect skyline from just a few years ago, regardless of how much demand there is.

Toronto by Adel Farid, on Flickr
I don’t know, looks better to me from this angle. Feeling thick and juicy.

Back