Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8A46B183-64DE-4051-B12F-5C3775FFA2FB.jpeg
591C9374-DFB6-433C-A95D-93028A578A1A.jpeg
A304999C-C0D6-426E-A240-55D015BB844B.jpeg
F3544C7C-54AE-49FC-8FB2-EEFACB08C9A8.jpeg

Now looking at it, the Bridgland Crossing building should've had ground retail. This corridor could've been a proper main street between 1 st ave and the LRT station. Ah well, something for future developers in other areas of the City to consider, especially if there's a long-term ARP in place.
The first one does (although I think putting it in the north building would have made more sense to strive for connectivity with First Ave.). The context at the time was a 1st Ave that had a lot of turnover and was looking tenuous to support the existing retail spaces. Bridgeland isn't far removed from being a largely low density neighbourhood that didn't act as a destination, struggling to support a lot of retail space given the population.

The first one does (although I think putting it in the north building would have made more sense to strive for connectivity with First Ave.). The context at the time was a 1st Ave that had a lot of turnover and was looking tenuous to support the existing retail spaces. Bridgeland isn't far removed from being a largely low density neighbourhood that didn't act as a destination, struggling to support a lot of retail space given the population.
It would have been nice to see more retail on 9th street, but I agree, the focus in Bridgeland will always be 1st ave. Development on 1st is what will make Bridgeland a destination neighborhood, which will happen.

I feel like Bridgeland is very close to being a destination neighborhood, it just needs some retail. On the flip side, if I lived in Bridgeland I'm not sure I'd want it to be a destination neighborhood. TBH, it has a good balance going for it right now.

Back