i wonder if it will be a corner bent piece of glass, the remaining length looks to be 1/2 panel so this would be make sense and be 1 hell of a statement.

i wonder if it will be a corner bent piece of glass, the remaining length looks to be 1/2 panel so this would be make sense and be 1 hell of a statement.

I highly doubt it - the support structure met at right angles as well - and from what we can see the glazing attached right onto it. If it is one curved piece the curved portion won't be attached to that structure.

EDIT: At second look - maybe not, but we shall see!

AoD

Last edited:
Quite possibly the earliest I've ever seen cladding on a tower compared to its vertical progression.

Retail leases make half the value of this building, so opening the retail early would take massive pressure off loans.

Perhaps they intend to finish the space over Winter/Spring for a Summer 2022 opening. The south podium is also progressing quickly and has the other pieces required for an early retail opening (freight elevator, etc.)

Retail leases make half the value of this building, so opening the retail early would take massive pressure off loans.

Perhaps they intend to finish the space over Winter/Spring for a Summer 2022 opening. The south podium is also progressing quickly and has the other pieces required for an early retail opening (freight elevator, etc.)
Never thought of this but that makes perfect sense. The building can always continue rising while retail operates at the base, similar to how AURA was during its construction.

this tower is taking forever, won't be done till 2025 at this rate
You must be a glass half full kind of guy! Full of optimism! My guess would be 2030 (fully and properly finished, not “occupancy”, where the balconies wouldn’t be finished for another two years a la one bloor east)!

I'm a pessimist, but I believe this building will top out before the end of next year.

"at this rate"

There's no reason to believe it will continue at this rate.
Also from Mr. Daispar's linked article above:

"Called a transfer slab or transfer beam, the complex undertaking is one of the most important, and longest to complete, tasks in the construction of a multi-storey building."

(Emphasis mine.)

...they seem to be at that stage. So of course they'll be slow for now.

They're physically not ready for the pour..........

Someone should tell Sam, when speaking publicly and giving dates, only a week out, you shouldn't pick a date you can't or won't hit.

Nothing wrong w/not having an exact date (though I imagine those trucks need to be booked in advance for such a big pour)..........but then just say 'sometime next week' or in the next '10 days'.....

I can't say I really care; but on the other hand I'm always irked by people's impunctuality and inexactitude!

They actually tell you when the pour is coming?

They actually tell you when the pour is coming?

See this post; and the associated front page story (not by me, LOL)

The Front Page story, was here:

They are *way* bigger in real life. Something to be seen in person if you can:

94147CE1-E7D0-40D6-810C-B683E8E60694.jpeg
8F35E882-A6F0-4CE3-89FF-8C3781C2D2E5.jpeg

Back