News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Quote from the press release announcing the new receipts:

"...while the current vaccine receipt without a QR code remains valid and will continue to be accepted, the province is encouraging individuals to download their enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code as an easier, more secure and convenient way to have their proof of vaccination verified."

This seems to defeat the purpose of the QR code...

Quote from the press release announcing the new receipts:

"...while the current vaccine receipt without a QR code remains valid and will continue to be accepted, the province is encouraging individuals to download their enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code as an easier, more secure and convenient way to have their proof of vaccination verified."

This seems to defeat the purpose of the QR code...
At least initially it would make no sense to expect everyone to get their QR Code. There are many people who do not have (or do not know how to use) smart phones so there will always have to be a way they can prove they are vaccinated and having something on paper as an option will be around for 'ever'. Of course, they could re-print their paper receipt so that it shows the Code but .......

I know of a number of people who didn’t print out the ones issued last month, so I highly doubt they will print out these ones, at least not until they are refused entry for not having a QR code

Interesting. My spouse’s record just went into his health app when we did it yesterday, but I did mine this morning, and it gave me the option of putting it in both Health and Wallet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC
At least initially it would make no sense to expect everyone to get their QR Code. There are many people who do not have (or do not know how to use) smart phones so there will always have to be a way they can prove they are vaccinated and having something on paper as an option will be around for 'ever'. Of course, they could re-print their paper receipt so that it shows the Code but .......

This is us. While I suppose we each have smart phones, they aren't very smart. We have no mobile data - phone/text only. I haven't even tried to access our QR version yet. Maybe I can just print it and store a pic of it.

This is us. While I suppose we each have smart phones, they aren't very smart. We have no mobile data - phone/text only. I haven't even tried to access our QR version yet. Maybe I can just print it and store a pic of it.
Right now it's just a PDF that you download. You can download and save it while you're connected to wifi and display it on your phone even if you don't have mobile data. The upcoming app version will likely be similar, as in you hopefully won't need a connection on your phone to display the QR code.

You download but in Apple you can add it to your Health app and/or wallet. I didn’t pay attention to the Android options.

Right now it's just a PDF that you download. You can download and save it while you're connected to wifi and display it on your phone even if you don't have mobile data. The upcoming app version will likely be similar, as in you hopefully won't need a connection on your phone to display the QR code.
Is there an app version coming? Not that I feel it is necessary - why do we need an app to display a piece of static information?

I went to my first movie since pre-pandemic times. Halloween Kills was so fun! I had to show vax proof and it was no big deal and I never felt unsafe in the venue.

I went to my first movie since pre-pandemic times. Halloween Kills was so fun! I had to show vax proof and it was no big deal and I never felt unsafe in the venue.

That was how I felt.

Cineplex is on the ball and I felt quite safe in the theater last week. They are not taking chances.

Is there an app version coming? Not that I feel it is necessary - why do we need an app to display a piece of static information?
I’m thinking there isn’t an app other than for business to scan the QR code
I think the plan is for the same app that's used to scan/verify the QR codes to have a customer-facing side that can be used to display a QR code. But yes, it is just static data and it would be functionally equivalent to showing the saved PDF.

Yes, it was actually very easy to do. I made a printed copy and added it to my Apple Health - which I had not used before.
Has anyone figured out an Apple shortcut to go directly to display the QR code from the Apple Health app?

Back