We hope you enjoy your new home (or investment property) too,
Thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to meeting the neighbours who've shared the most balanced and intelligent things to read here. 🙌

And , as someone who will live here for quite a long time with my family, I'm excited to report I just picked my finishes on the North side. The interiors are really high quality without gouging you on upgrades. That's at least been a high note as the project enters its last year and a bit of construction. Hope the dust settles and some quiet returns for those who have had some sleepless nights. But, my family and 1500 others really appreciate it.

1600 families who can now live downtown might not agree!
I dont see what that has to do with Wallman, an architecture firm who this building is an embarrassment for.

It's great that theres housing here, and awesome to hear the interior finishes are of high quality. I've lived in some crappy looking apartments before (from the exterior) and they can still be great places to live.

The cladding here really is atrocious though.

I dont see what that has to do with Wallman, an architecture firm who this building is an embarrassment for.

It's great that theres housing here, and awesome to hear the interior finishes are of high quality. I've lived in some crappy looking apartments before (from the exterior) and they can still be great places to live.

The cladding here really is atrocious though.
Yeah...that's a ridiculous strawman. As no one is arguing this project should be removed. Nor are these 1600 families are in jeopardy because of it.

The only good part of the building is the fact that it's on a chemical wasteland and I can sleep easy knowing I don't live there.
To be fair, the whole neighbourhood is built on a chemical wasteland. But to call this building anything remotely close to beautiful is absolutely comical.

I look forward to the street level retail and more residents in the neighbourhood, and one less surface parking lot, but the design, massing, and quality of the materials selected are very clearly a missed opportunity in my opinion.

The only good part of the building is the fact that it's on a chemical wasteland and I can sleep easy knowing I don't live there.
Though I do not like the building and wish it fitted into its neighbourhood better (and that the developer had been prepared to dig deeper to put all parking underground), it is NOT built on a 'chemical wasteland'/ The ground below this building is contaminated because, for many years there were oil tanks and coal yards on it - certainly it is contaminated and that's not good but 'chemical wasteland' is a bit of an overkill.

One positive thing I've noticed is that Lower Sherbourne feels much more like a part of the city now. It always kind of felt like downtown ended at King when heading South on Sherbourne with 2 big empty lots and a gas station, but with Time and Space and St Lawrence Condos it already feels so much more complete, and The Whitfield will only add to that.

Time and Space also improves the vista along The Esplanade viewed from the promenade, as the building height is in line with the other buildings at least for a little bit on The Esplanade side.

The 29 storeys along Front are in line with what's planned around there too. The towers at the NW corner are 26, the Whitfield will be almost 40, the new towers over No Frills will be around the same, then I expect the First Parliament site to have 40ish storey towers as well.

Back