News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Interesting. I didn't know that, and it must be annoying to them that We Work came around and is now simply "The We Company". What exactly do they need so much space for then? They must have space for several hundred staff now and a dozen meeting rooms.

Well I have read up on this charity and wow is it ever controversial. So I guess all that space is the "communal housing" where the staff live?

Well I have read up on this charity and wow is it ever controversial. So I guess all that space is the "communal housing" where the staff live?

Nope, it's a startup-worthy office.

Other than the recent Trudeau controversy, what else is did you find controversial about WE? Seems strange to me that they have the money to have such a nice office and can hold big WE day events with celebrities but I never bothered to delve into what they actually do.

Nope, it's a startup-worthy office.

Other than the recent Trudeau controversy, what else is did you find controversial about WE? Seems strange to me that they have the money to have such a nice office and can hold big WE day events with celebrities but I never bothered to delve into what they actually do.

Canadaland has been covering this for some time, more than a year before this recent scandal. They wound up on that beat because of WE Charity's unusual interactions with Canadian media and the opaqe nature of the organisation that is in-part maintained with a "sue on sight" PR strategy against any public criticism at all (SLAPP suits) which is piloted by Bay Street Law Firms.

The Kileburgers have also seemingly been sheltered by friends in the media from any scrutiny for many years. Prominent newspaper columnists have lashed out at anyone who ever spoke anything less than total support and praise for the organisation. Recent allegations have been far more serious, including a recorded phone call where one of the Kielburgers appears indifferent to one of his employees discussing planning to arrange a murder of another employee; that targeted and now-ex employee has since alleged Kielburger had him perform suspicious large financial transactions in cash with threats of major consequences if he reported them to the police. It seems clear that the Kielburgers have traded in on Craig's child-celebrity connections and "starving African children" to conduct their business affairs in what is at the very least a less than proper manner, and possibly an illegal manner, and also possibly worse than that.

What is unclear is if they set out to do all this deliberately, enabled by connections to wealthy people from Craig's child-celebrity and those now in high-power positions to bend the law, or excuse those actions when caught, or if they are simply so naive they did not ever realise what they were doing, and are really just self-absorbed assholes whose primary goal is only to maintain their celebrity lifestyle of jet-setting and rubbing shoulders with prime ministers, Presidents, and Hollywood elite; so, less than nefarious, but they stumbled into creating an organisation where now everyone at the top is mooching off of it. Like attracts like in the business world, etc...

Right now they are sweating because for the first time their carefully constructed veil of secrecy is not only penetrated, but shattered, and all the dirt is rapidly coming out.

Last edited:
If anyone has opinions on the proposed improvements to the Sumach-Shuter Parkette - specifically potential off-leash areas - a survey is open until March 15th.

1614777527653.png

Last edited:
Signage is up for the new Staples location. Looks like they are getting close to making the big move from King/Berkeley to Richmond/Berkeley.
I wonder how many people at the condo to the back of the building realised they were buying units facing what will be a very busy commercial loading dock. I hope they are ready for the constant truck backup beeps every single day, multiple times every day, from morning to night.

IMG_20210607_185148.jpg

Long power outage in this area this morning. I think it's up to about 45 minutes now.
Spills over a bit into the St. Lawrence neighbourhood.
EDIT 9:50 a.m.: well over an hour long outage now.
EDIT 10:05 a.m.: It's back.

1636380831662.png

Last edited:
Power is fine in all the buildings along King, but the traffic lights are out from at least Parliament to Sherbourne.

On the topic of no electricity in the area, perhaps appropriate timing then for this article. Spacing recently had a piece on the early development of Corktown in the mid to late 1800's:

457 QUEEN ST E
Ward 13: Toronto Centre

To alter the existing two-storey townhouse by creating three secondary suites and constructing a third storey addition, a partial fourth storey (mezzanine) addition with a rear deck and a rear three storey addition with a rear ground floor deck. Each floor, including the basement, will contain one dwelling unit. Note: This proposal was considered by the Committee of Adjustment in Decision A0838/19TEY; however, the applicant is requesting condition 2 to be revised.

457q.JPG

Kind of in a borderline spot between different areas but I'll just place it here for now.

The "Turco-Persian Rug Co Ltd" property at 452 Richmond Street East between Ontario and Berkeley Street, is being listed for sale. Seems like an inevitable redevelopment site.

Source

20220216_135810.jpg

457 QUEEN ST E
Ward 13: Toronto Centre

To alter the existing two-storey townhouse by creating three secondary suites and constructing a third storey addition, a partial fourth storey (mezzanine) addition with a rear deck and a rear three storey addition with a rear ground floor deck. Each floor, including the basement, will contain one dwelling unit. Note: This proposal was considered by the Committee of Adjustment in Decision A0838/19TEY; however, the applicant is requesting condition 2 to be revised.

View attachment 379366

Docs now posted for 457 Queen East:

qea.JPG

Back