Building go cronch. So, what’s the likelihood we see these lots sit barren for awhile?

View attachment 387867
The sites of First Parliament and Staples/Porsche now belong to the Province. The new Corktown (First Parliament) station will be between Front and King, the First P site is for staging and work area. There will certainly be no buildings on either for a decade but they will not be empty. (That's why City and TPL have given up on putting District Library there, as noted on St Lawrence thread, it will be on site of Market tent.)

Last edited:
I think I’m still in an “Eglinton Subway Line” mindset with the Ontario Line. But like- this IS it right? Regardless of who sweeps to provincial power in June, this is the plan, this is the site of that station?

I think I’m still in an “Eglinton Subway Line” mindset with the Ontario Line. But like- this IS it right? Regardless of who sweeps to provincial power in June, this is the plan, this is the site of that station?
pretty much. It's too late, and I believe the Liberal's have indicated they don't plan on changing much at this point. We'll have to see though, in politics nothing is certain.

1ACE9673-82E3-4F2B-98FA-29D1CCE204DB.JPG

Taken today. I\'m putting these photos here because this is the southwest corner of Parliament and King but either it is not on the site\'s map or it is indicated in \"blue\" which I do not understand. First shot is of numerous cranes in the West Don Lands area taken from this corner. By the way I also took some photos (of demolition) across the street on the northwest corner but there is no project indicated on the map so am holding off on those

DSC04279.JPG

DSC04280.JPG

DSC04281.JPG

DSC04284.JPG

Taken today. I\'m putting these photos here because this is the southwest corner of Parliament and King but either it is not on the site\'s map or it is indicated in \"blue\" which I do not understand. First shot is of numerous cranes in the West Don Lands area taken from this corner. By the way I also took some photos (of demolition) across the street on the northwest corner but there is no project indicated on the map so am holding off on those

View attachment 387977

View attachment 387978

View attachment 387979

View attachment 387980
The blue cranes east of Trinity Street are part of West Don Lands. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...3-4-7-50-32m-13s-dream-cobe-architects.29829/

The construction huts on your top picture are on the site just north of the Data Centre. (South East corner of Front & Parliament) This site was going to be Data Centre Part 2 but that application has been pulled and the area is being used for the huts for the FP site. I suspect they will move to the FP site when it's cleared. Clearly the site is now too valuable for a Data Centre so I expect more condos, one day!

The demolition north of First Parliament site (north side of Front, east of Berkeley) is the Staples Store and the Porsche dealer and this is the block where the Corktown/First Parliament station will be.

The blue cranes east of Trinity Street are part of West Don Lands. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...3-4-7-50-32m-13s-dream-cobe-architects.29829/

The construction huts on your top picture are on the site just north of the Data Centre. (South East corner of Front & Parliament) This site was going to be Data Centre Part 2 but that application has been pulled and the area is being used for the huts for the FP site. I suspect they will move to the FP site when it's cleared. Clearly the site is now too valuable for a Data Centre so I expect more condos, one day!

The demolition north of First Parliament site (north side of Front, east of Berkeley) is the Staples Store and the Porsche dealer and this is the block where the Corktown/First Parliament station will be.
Thanks. As I stated the first picture was posted from the corner of Front and Parliament and I inserted it here only because I thought the site of so many cranes in one area might be of interest.

As for the future Cork/First Parliament station, since it is not shown on the map, can I post the photos of the demolition and hoarding of this block somewhere? Mods?

Just a note to say that a new thread has been created for Corktown station here.

Meanwhile, please treat this thread as the home of the rest of the development on this site.

Just a note to say that a new thread has been created for Corktown station here.

Meanwhile, please treat this thread as the home of the rest of the development on this site.

Is there a thread for the site of the Business Depot and Porsche dealership on the northwest corner Front and parliament, across the street from this site? I took photos of the start of demo of the dealership and hoarding around the entire block but have no place to post them.

Is there a thread for the site of the Business Depot and Porsche dealership on the northwest corner Front and parliament, across the street from this site? I took photos of the start of demo of the dealership and hoarding around the entire block but have no place to post them.
You could use this thread for both, originally created for just the Staples site. It's not gotten a database file yet, hence it hasn't popped onto the map yet.

The last of the Nissan building is gone and it appears that the whole site is now clear. New hoarding has been going up around the whole site.
.... and the demolition of the Staples and Porsche buildings on the other side of Front Street is well underway too. This, northern, block is where the new "Corktown' Station will be, the FP site is being used during construction and then will be a whole new (huge) project.

Back