News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

No and there are still services that will require patient transport from the new cancer center into FMC main building as well as SSB and TBCC.
Names for people:
1653698463124.png

They should have put in an automated people mover! Easier to sell when you call them horizontal elevators.

Banded Peak Brewing is expanding their operation to take over the corner of 34th Ave and Dartmouth.

Graham construction is doing the work and a drill is alrady on site. I didn't have a phone with me but next time I'm in the area I'll grab a picture of the rendering that they have up on the fencing.

https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=DP2021-4909

Agree on the people mover. A good number of people using the walkway will be people with various aliments. One positive thing is that at least it's much better than the previous goat trail that was difficult to navigate.
People who are unsteady on their feet, people who are using assistive devices like a cane or walker, people who are wrangling IV stands and other medical paraphernalia and so on are a terrible reason to install a conveyor belt that always moves at a continuous fast speed. It would be nice if the hallway was wide enough to handle a golf cart shuttle like the airport, though.

Along 58th and Elbow drive (not sure if this one is still called Chinook Landing?):View attachment 403678View attachment 403677View attachment 403676View attachment 403679

Now called Elbow58 by cove properties.

The empty lot on SE corner of 16ave & Edmonton trail had some equipment on it last week. There was a drill on the Far East part of the lot and today I see an excavator. Can’t remember what was to go there
The very far east end of the lot, the part fenced off is supposed to be Harmony. Someone mentioned that it looks to be revived again. Would be nice to see it get built.

New CRUs on the KFC site on 17th

View attachment 403786

Am I seeing this correctly? Is that the edge of the foundation of the original KFC building sticking up a couple inches from the asphalt and going straight into the middle of that door on the left? The ground looks like a complete mess. I'm just going to trust that it will all be worked out (and that suburban style KFC sign will get torn down).

Sidewalk issues aside, I like everything else about those new buildings, they're a nice scale and will integrate well to 17th.. It's a shame some loser has already tagged that charcoal brick before the building is even open.

The tagging is the developers public art contribution. It’s to remind you that you’re inner city and not transported to a suburban stripmall.

Back