May 31, 2022

Some of the remaining debris clean-up.

FCC6E031-F51D-4DC8-892F-C6EE39165401.jpeg

395B2B86-7FDF-44AF-A25B-18FD257BFFDB.jpeg

The remaining two homes on the northwest corner are currently tenanted. I'm assuming they won't come down until rental replacements are set up. Not sure exactly why Allied brought the middle homes down now, but squatters broke into them on a number of occasions, so that may explain things. Hopefully, Allied can make the area a bit less unsightly on an interim basis while they await rezoning etc.

The remaining two homes on the northwest corner are currently tenanted. I'm assuming they won't come down until rental replacements are set up. Not sure exactly why Allied brought the middle homes down now, but squatters broke into them on a number of occasions, so that may explain things. Hopefully, Allied can make the area a bit less unsightly on an interim basis while they await rezoning etc.
I'm surprised they didn't grab the homes to the south...

'Grab' is doing a lot of work there. Implies that a) they were available, b) made sense to get re: what they added to the the site area, c) made b) make sense vis a vis their price (if too expensive, it's not worth it).

'Grab' is doing a lot of work there. Implies that a) they were available, b) made sense to get re: what they added to the the site area, c) made b) make sense vis a vis their price (if too expensive, it's not worth it).
Yeah, I know it's not as simple as I was implying - it's just really messing with my OCD because it looks "incomplete" without those houses being removed ;)

Those houses to the north on the corner were vacant at one point this past year or two — maybe excavation won’t happen for a little while yet.
I agree that those three houses to the south would make this development look complete. These owners will regret not selling as they will have a tall commercial and residential towers wrapping around and looming over them, not to mention the large expanse of glazing at the property line that will illuminate their backyard and backside of their houses (didn’t know they could do that). A POPS plaza would be a welcomed addition here where those houses are.
43F86065-8898-4DB0-BFC7-37A4710E4BE8.jpeg

Does anyone know if the house on the corner is being moved south next to the remaining homes south? From the drawings it looks like that might be the case?

Back