News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They’ll be teaching us by the end of this war. No one else will have such experience of defeating the Russians. An ideal NATO partner.
True. I posted this not just to be self-laudatory. But to show how far they've come. They are as good as any of our fully trained reservists.

Too far from Germany. Better to return to its pre-Prussian roots and give it back to Poland.

Poland is very ethnically homogenous, so I doubt they'd want to absorb a territory concentrated with a million potentially belligerent Russians. For that reason, along with the enormous costs of having to upgrade all the infrastructure to EU standards, nobody will want this isolated exclave. The Allies should have given this piece to Poland after WWII.

So Russia is formerly annexing the 4 parts of Ukraine that "voted" in favor of joining Russia later this week.

This has me thinking about how and if Russia can or will respond to continued advances by Ukrainian forces. I am assuming the moment Ukrainian forces step foot in the "annexed" territories Putin will order a full mobilization in defense of Russia.

Given the state of his forces, I will wonder if he will play the WMD card rather than look weak and unable to defend Russia. Nothing would look worse on him than the war leading to an invasion of Russia.

So Russia is formerly annexing the 4 parts of Ukraine that "voted" in favor of joining Russia later this week.

This has me thinking about how and if Russia can or will respond to continued advances by Ukrainian forces. I am assuming the moment Ukrainian forces step foot in the "annexed" territories Putin will order a full mobilization in defense of Russia.

Given the state of his forces, I will wonder if he will play the WMD card rather than look weak and unable to defend Russia. Nothing would look worse on him than the war leading to an invasion of Russia.
It's all just smoke and mirrors BS, and it has been rightfully called out as such by the international community's condemnation. Honestly, it changes nothing on the ground. Ukraine will continue the offensive status quo with widespread Western support.

It is utterly meaningless - perhaps except to them. You don't need pretexts - especially clumsy ones like these that no one that mattered recognizes as legitimate. If you are going to use WMD, you are going to do it whether you have annexed the territory or not.

AoD

The Allies should have given this piece to Poland after WWII.
The 1944 Yalta and 1945 Potsdam agreements were a total screw up on the Wallies' part. The whole reason Britain declared war on Germany in 1939 was Germany's violation of Britain's security guarantee to Poland. And now Poland is about to be liberated of Germans, Britain sells the country out to the Russians and agrees to Kaliningrad?

It is utterly meaningless - perhaps except to them. You don't need pretexts - especially clumsy ones like these that no one that mattered recognizes as legitimate. If you are going to use WMD, you are going to do it whether you have annexed the territory or not.

AoD
We also need to remember that Russia "annexed" Crimea 8 years ago, and Ukraine has openly stated that its liberation remains one of their top goals.

Back