News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's not GO construction related or project related. It's this.

We'll see if transit comes up in the Q and A. It's live now.

Thanks for that.

Interesting timing in this way.........just talking to some people at the City this week and I asked about the budget pressure.........and I would describe the vibe as cautiously optimistic.

No one is 'counting any chickens' just yet....

But from what I can discern, most departments/agencies are not being asked for cuts, and a couple have even been told to advance some extra spending in 2023.

Nothing is a given, nothing official; but this check from the province will reduce the fiscal gap the City faces, so perhaps a positive indicator in that regard if nothing else.

^ Are they counting on the feds matching the 1/3rd deficit coverage offered by the Province? That still leaves 1/3 for the City to deal with, although I've heard the number is now lower than approx $800 million.

^ Are they counting on the feds matching the 1/3rd deficit coverage offered by the Province? That still leaves 1/3 for the City to deal with, although I've heard the number is now lower than approx $800 million.

Not sure.

3DFAC14B-FD48-4D14-8A7F-0972318A8C2A.jpeg
0EB176C2-B29B-48DA-BB15-A16DCAE1656A.jpeg

I love how MX can add a 4th track and still maintain the Railpath, add a trail to the Davenport bridge area to appease the locals, but a study in 2019 looking at potentially bringing more bikeways like the rail path along corridors in Toronto found that none of them had room. Funny how that is.
It's almost as if Studies are less of a way of determining something, and more of a way to push an agenda by self-sourcing.

I’m glad I was wrong about the announcement!
I love how MX can add a 4th track and still maintain the Railpath, add a trail to the Davenport bridge area to appease the locals, but a study in 2019 looking at potentially bringing more bikeways like the rail path along corridors in Toronto found that none of them had room. Funny how that is.
It’s called decision-based evidence-making.

Did I miss it or did this video not show the fourth track? Or is it roughed in on the video but the rails aren't there? @Northern Light @crs1026

You missed nothing, there is no fourth track shown. But I wouldn't read too much into it, its an animation, not the actual track area.

It doesn't show any new signal gantries either, nor any fencing, nor does it accurately reflect how the embankment will look when restructured. Its really focused only on the new culvert.

Did I miss it or did this video not show the fourth track? Or is it roughed in on the video but the rails aren't there? @Northern Light @crs1026
It only show 3 tracks with the ability to add a 4th track.

It is far cheaper doing this compare to putting a bridge in.

The fourth track
It is far cheaper doing this compare to putting a bridge in.
It is. But Metrolinx keeps rattling on how they are doing all this great stuff for the environment. But then they skipped the EA on the culvert replacement (originally it was just a short lengthening), lied to the community about having done consultation with the community (what they actually did, is change the wording on a slide from lengthen to replace in a set for the umpteenth meeting with the anti-noise contingent), and then pretended the culvert replacement was because the current culvert was damaged (turns out it's only slightly blocked at the south end, and a bit of excavation could easily be done have dealt with the issue.

It's gross incompetence and deception. To top it off, they completely avoided the whole topic that the railway had previously had a trestle through there, and had filled it with the environmentally damaging embankment in the first place. I hope the old trestle is in better shape than they seem to think, and instead of boring through it, they push the entire embankment to failure.

Back