How feasible would it be for the City to hold open houses for future major projects (i.e., the Event Centre), to present material samples to the public before finalizing procurement?

Glenbow showing their panels made me think “wouldn’t it be nice if the public could have seen the panels before they were installed at BMO to provide feedback and encourage the City to try again”?

FivjWHSXkAA7n6E.jpg

Another pic from their Twitter account

How feasible would it be for the City to hold open houses for future major projects (i.e., the Event Centre), to present material samples to the public before finalizing procurement?

Glenbow showing their panels made me think “wouldn’t it be nice if the public could have seen the panels before they were installed at BMO to provide feedback and encourage the City to try again”?
Only great if you assume the average person attending these are folks like us who are generally pro-urban and pro-good design. I can imagine 100 bozos showing up and saying everything should be spandrel only

I will be working here next week. I believe the last time I was in this building would have been kindergarten field trip 1987-88. Only memory of that day was these paper things they gave kids that had pennies on them for weight and a string tied to them to be swung around and I took one off the side my head haha. A real stinger!

I will be working here next week. I believe the last time I was in this building would have been kindergarten field trip 1987-88. Only memory of that day was these paper things they gave kids that had pennies on them for weight and a string tied to them to be swung around and I took one off the side my head haha. A real stinger!
Core memory.

So is it actually being renamed the JR Shaw Centre for Arts and Culture? Jesus. Why can’t it just be the Shaw Museum, or JR Shaw Museum 🤦🏻‍♂️

827CBF1C-3805-4365-BDE2-83A28694A28C.jpeg

Back