The Government does what it wants. They will cancel the LINE and that will be that. The government is run by a professional managerial class that isn't elected and doesn't care what the public says. They are out for themselves.
By the time the next election rolls around all the contracts will be place and major construction will be underway. The way things are looking, Ford will likely with a majority again unless he screws things up somehow.

It's like saying Eglinton LRT will be cancelled now that the construction is almost finished lol

The Government does what it wants. They will cancel the LINE and that will be that. The government is run by a professional managerial class that isn't elected and doesn't care what the public says. They are out for themselves.
I hate to break it to you, but every government has a lot of “PMC” running them. That’s what bureaucracy is.

By the time the next election rolls around all the contracts will be place and major construction will be underway. The way things are looking, Ford will likely with a majority again unless he screws things up somehow.

It's like saying Eglinton LRT will be cancelled now that the construction is almost finished lol
to be clear - the contracts are already in place, and major construction is already underway.

People don't seem to realize that the Ontario Line isn't some figment of the imagination anymore, it's real and there is already a decent amount of significant construction occurring on it.

The Lakeshore East Corridor works are well underway, Exhibition Station is underway, and the Don river bridge is moving along as we speak.

These trees need to be cleared specifically because the contractor needs to start construction. the contract is signed, and the contractor is ramping up. We will see TBMs digging within 12 months.

For better or worse, the OL will be built. Barring all of the legitimate processes already mentioned as evidence, there’s too much political clout attached to it. Even if the Liberals took over tommorrow and announced they were “scrapping” it, the line would just become become red on maps. The economic impacts of cancelling it would be disastrous. Frankly, the fact that the PCs not only kept it, but updated it is proof enough. It could triple in price and still be worth it.

Mx's Capital Projects - Rapid Transit reports for its next Board Mtg are now live, the applicable text for this project is as follows:

1676402240243.png

From: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/..._Capital_Projects_Rapid_Transit_Quarterly.pdf

While I'm not keen on aspects of what's said below; there is a good argument being made about conflict-of-interest.

An argument one does not often see made, which is the conflict involved in the Court of Appeals (which is sited at Osgoode Hall), ruling on the injunction request in regards to the O/L, when the court itself has taken a position via public letter opposing the project as conceived.

Its an argument worthy of consideration, irrespective of one's take on either the project merits, or the injunction's merits.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is supreme court bound to determine the scope of the Federal Heritage protection (and then if the not-withstanding clause can be used to override it prolly)

Whic
I wonder if this is supreme court bound to determine the scope of the Federal Heritage protection (and then if the not-withstanding clause can be used to override it prolly)
Which right in the federal Charter would the notwithstanding cause override, so as the Federal Heritage act doesn't apply?

Star article.

sounds like as written they are waiting for what the original judges written reasons for denying the injunction before ruling an appeal of that

Star article.

There are a few key items in that article. I will bring them forward:

1676451330299.png

So, for clarity, at most 2 trees of the original 11 may arguably be a in 'savable' state.

Not specified is whether the oldest and biggest is among them, or if it is one of the wholly or substantially removed trees.

1676451434860.png

This would not be the first time HDI's motivations have been called into question. I'll leave it at that

The judges were challenged on the 'reasonable apprehension of bias' which was discussed in the piece I posted earlier.

1676451646276.png

Last edited:

Back