News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Interestingly, Vaughan and Scarborough have the same number of subway stops.

technically Vaughan has 2 stops and Scarborough has 3. Victoria Park is in Scarborough and Pioneer Village is in North York.

Scarborough will add 3 more stations with the SSE.
Vaughan/Markham will add 2 more stations with the YNSE.
Richmond Hill and North York will both get 2 new stations as well with the YNSE.

technically Vaughan has 2 stops and Scarborough has 3. Victoria Park is in Scarborough and Pioneer Village is in North York.

Scarborough will add 3 more stations with the SSE.
Vaughan/Markham will add 2 more stations with the YNSE.
Richmond Hill and North York will both get 2 new stations as well with the YNSE.
Pioneer village north entrance is north of Steeles Ave, which is technically Vaughan.

This is true. Vaughan is dominating the 905 subway extensions. Must be because they have such a great urban fabric to work with.
If they did something with their bus network frequencies that feed into the subway then it could be fine. I don't think any city outside of Toronto should get more than a couple stations going to their largest population centre. Those cities can boost their transit and run feeder systems into the local subway station if they want connectivity to downtown Toronto.

If they did something with their bus network frequencies that feed into the subway then it could be fine. I don't think any city outside of Toronto should get more than a couple stations going to their largest population centre. Those cities can boost their transit and run feeder systems into the local subway station if they want connectivity to downtown Toronto.
Representing Mississauga I will take dixie and square one for the win.

Pioneer village north entrance is north of Steeles Ave, which is technically Vaughan.

haha well Pioneer village south entrance is south of Steeles Ave, which is technically Toronto (North York).

preferaligapril_e.jpeg

I don't know I kind of feel like the municipality that paid for it and continues to pay for maintaining it should be the one to claim it. points for creativity though.

The thing I hate most about this new delivery model as compared to the model where the TTC was responsible for building the subway is that with the TTC we would have seen many early design floorplans of the stations by now. I wonder if we will ever see three station floor plans for the newer lines.

Reactions: syn
The thing I hate most about this new delivery model as compared to the model where the TTC was responsible for building the subway is that with the TTC we would have seen many early design floorplans of the stations by now. I wonder if we will ever see three station floor plans for the newer lines.
We can look at the "as built" drawings.

I say the 16 goes to Sheppard simply because if it terminates at STC than someone wanting to go beyond Sheppard would have to transfer onto the subway take it one stop (or two if they transfer at Lawrence) and then transfer again onto the 129. So if the 16 doesn't go to Sheppard than I guess the 129 would have to continue terminating at STC.

If I had to guess what routes would stop where, then going by the bus network as it currently is:

SHEPPARD EAST:
16 McCowan
85 Sheppard East/985 Sheppard East Express
129 McCowan North
130 Middlefield
131 Nugget
169 Huntingwood
939 Finch East Express

SCARBOROUGH CENTRE:
9 Bellamy
16 McCowan (Thru-service)
21A Brimley/903 Brimley Express
38 Highland Creek/938 Highland Creek Express
43B Kennedy
133 Neilson
134 Progress/913 Progress Express
178 Brimorton (assuming it's successful)

There is also the question of Durham Transit and what they intend to do. If the Ellesmere BRT is built then they may use it so STC would be the logical terminus. DRT buses though would likely use a regional bus terminal with GO Transit and the other intercity buses that stop at STC. So with this plus the TTC routes it still seems silly to me that the Sheppard Line could potentially skip STC for the sake of keeping the route under Sheppard Avenue; it really is such a backwards idea imo.
This looks fine for now, but you have to remeber lawrence east station will also recieve a bus terminal according to metrolinx station maps. I personally would perfer if both the 129 and 16 terminated at STC but thats just my bias. I believe the 95, 995 and potentially 996 will terminate at Scarborugh Center as well, while the 38 and 938 will takeover east of STC. You also forgot to mention the milner bus, do you think it will terminae at Sheppard or Scarborough Center. Another new bus you should add is the 154 which would likely terminate at Lawrence east alongside the 54 and 954. Viva would probably take over the 129A and have their 129 terminate at shepard, the Ellesmere BRT ends at scarborough Center, liekly so will any other DRT route

This looks fine for now, but you have to remeber lawrence east station will also recieve a bus terminal according to metrolinx station maps. I personally would perfer if both the 129 and 16 terminated at STC but thats just my bias. I believe the 95, 995 and potentially 996 will terminate at Scarborugh Center as well, while the 38 and 938 will takeover east of STC. You also forgot to mention the milner bus, do you think it will terminae at Sheppard or Scarborough Center. Another new bus you should add is the 154 which would likely terminate at Lawrence east alongside the 54 and 954. Viva would probably take over the 129A and have their 129 terminate at shepard, the Ellesmere BRT ends at scarborough Center, liekly so will any other DRT route
I didn't bring up Lawrence East since its not pertinent to the discussion of whether or not the Sheppard Line should connect to Line 2 at either STC or Sheppard East. As for the 132 Milner it would likely terminate at Sheppard East since it is on the north side of Highway 401.

I didn't bring up Lawrence East since its not pertinent to the discussion of whether or not the Sheppard Line should connect to Line 2 at either STC or Sheppard East. As for the 132 Milner it would likely terminate at Sheppard East since it is on the north side of Highway 401.
Oh ok, that makes sense

haha well Pioneer village south entrance is south of Steeles Ave, which is technically Toronto (North York).

View attachment 460804

I don't know I kind of feel like the municipality that paid for it and continues to pay for maintaining it should be the one to claim it. points for creativity though.
Unless the City of Toronto officially annexed the real estate on the north side of Steeles Avenue West, that would be true. Unless there was an invasion of Vaughan by Toronto, we didn't notice.

How much is the possibility that they end up Connecting Line 2 to Line 4 and make a loop line of sorts?

Line 4 has been envisioned, for as long as I know, to go for a 1 seat ride to STC. With the province looking to extend the line to at least Sheppard/McCowan it seems like they could align this

How much is the possibility that they end up Connecting Line 2 to Line 4 and make a loop line of sorts?

Line 4 has been envisioned, for as long as I know, to go for a 1 seat ride to STC. With the province looking to extend the line to at least Sheppard/McCowan it seems like they could align this
It is likely we will see line 4 connect with line 2 at Mccowan or STC, sure. But there is zero chance you get a loop line. How would that even look? Bloor-yonge to sheppard, to Mccowan down to bloor Yonge? How is this feasible?

It is likely we will see line 4 connect with line 2 at Mccowan or STC, sure. But there is zero chance you get a loop line. How would that even look? Bloor-yonge to sheppard, to Mccowan down to bloor Yonge? How is this feasible?
I was more thinking with the current plans for line 4 to connect at some point to Sheppard West, that this would be seperate from line 1.

Metrolinx has floated the idea of some type of loop in its current future planning.

Back