I remember when this place used to be called The Urban Toronto Forum .com . . . time flies.

Last edited:
Regarding Elevators:

TKE's TWIN system can, when functioning properly, provide decent capacity from 4 shafts and has a few real-world deployments.

That said, their maximum height is 250m, so they might get a split of 4 elevator cars for the lower 2/3rds and 2 elevator cars for the top 1/3rd?

Some of the software control pieces are derived from research in their Multi line (LIM based elevators, similar to Scarborough RT but vertical).

Regarding Elevators:

TKE's TWIN system can, when functioning properly, provide decent capacity from 4 shafts and has a few real-world deployments.

That said, their maximum height is 250m, so they might get a split of 4 elevator cars for the lower 2/3rds and 2 elevator cars for the top 1/3rd?

Some of the software control pieces are derived from research in their Multi line (LIM based elevators, similar to Scarborough RT but vertical).
Why would Reserve do that?

It's a somewhat banal design, but not bad either. The Bloor Yonge area is going to be super dense.

Bloor and Yonge in 2036

Star_wars_episode_iii_coruscant_2_by_newyunggun_daqu21g-fullview.jpg

Sooo, over in the Bloor-Yorkville Scene thread, I noted with some amusement that Fabricland is moving into 15 Bloor W.

Such an appropriate use of a Mink Mile spot, right?

Well, turns out there might be a reason for that tenant...........

The proponent here, along w/Reserve is Westdale.......

The owners of Westdale.............also own Fabricland.

Presumably the best way to find a reliable tenant who will the pay the bills and get out on short notice is to be your own tenant!

Sooo, over in the Bloor-Yorkville Scene thread, I noted with some amusement that Fabricland is moving into 15 Bloor W.

Presumably the best way to find a reliable tenant who will the pay the bills and get out on short notice is to be your own tenant!

Also if doesn't look like they will need extensive leasehold improvements... (pic from https://m.yelp.ca/biz/fabricland-north-york-2)
o.jpg

So basically H&M, but not quite as put together.

It's not relevant to their lease or their lawsuit, but I wonder how much Apple loves being next to Fabricland rather than H&M? Though I guess nobody locating on Yonge St can be picky about their neighbours.

Great! Anything is better than an empty retail unit holding out hope for a better lease. I hope they put up a huge sign.

Back