News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The issue is we all started in the Brampton office, they opened the downtown office latter and we moved there.
They had us still come into Brampton once a week, but just before the pandemic they had us empty out our Brampton desks so they could give them to someone else and were moving us into a storage room. So our only real desks IMO were downtown at that point.
Ah, that's going to be one, where the only benefit will be to the lawyers. :(

How were they handling travel costs and time to each of the offices. I suppose if one were half-way between, it wouldn't be an issue, but there must be some who'd need to have been compensated for travel costs and time.

How were they handling travel costs and time to each of the offices.
They weren't. It's our problem to deal with.
One guy lives near to the DT office and has a 2 hour commute by transit each way for the Brampton office.
But he was doing that for 10 years before the DT office opened.

I imagine that because he was doing it for years before the DT office opened he wouldn't have a case.

One of the issues I had was addressing the need for a second car. I used to commute daily to the office near Dufferin and Supertest, but since Covid I go to the office perhaps once a month. So I really don't need a second car.... except for when I'm on the road visiting our clients, which can take all over southern ON but mostly GTA. I charge the office $0.50 a km, so will bill about $250 a month. The challenge is that my car is old, starting to rust out and soon needs replacing. But the only reason I need a car is for my work duties, and as I WFH 10-15 biz days month without going on the road, . So, my plan is to ask my employer to fund in part or wholly my next car purchase. I'd still charge them some $ a km for fuel and if I'm covering maintenance. The alternative is to ditch the car and rent one when needed.

Back