News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably because it went so poorly last time no one is eager to be the first to jump in and loose votes.
Yeah, they've all realised by now that the island airport is incredibly popular, even by those who politically align with those who hate it. I bet 90% of fundraised dollars for most left wing candidates come from people who *wink* oppose *wink* the airport.
It's not going to be taken away from the City, and any candidate who suggests such loses the election instantly.

Last edited:
I suspect Ana Bailao is going to grow some big momentum. She has a big team and the Liberal machine behind her. I do think she will out fundraise the other contenders, too.

I have been trying to understand how her Ontario Place/Science Centre platform position fits with Doug's hinting about a similar upcoming provincial announcement and how close her team is with the Cons. Is it just machinations of Kouvalis?

I have been trying to understand how her Ontario Place/Science Centre platform position fits with Doug's hinting about a similar upcoming provincial announcement and how close her team is with the Cons. Is it just machinations of Kouvalis?
Having people on your campaign who have inside knowledge isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you are running for a big municipal position, such as mayor, and there are a few things you happen to agree on with the current Ontario government, run on it knowing you have insider info. Nothing wrong with that. This also makes me wonder if the Ontario government will consider uploading the highways.

We know most people don’t like Nick Kouvalis as a person, but we have to remember is this just politics. This is how it works. People will work with certain people if they have a skill set that is useful. Doesn’t mean someone like Ana considers Kouvalis her friend.

Having people on your campaign who have inside knowledge isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you are running for a big municipal position, such as mayor, and there are a few things you happen to agree on with the current Ontario government, run on it knowing you have insider info. Nothing wrong with that. This also makes me wonder if the Ontario government will consider uploading the highways.

Sure. It was just that the idea of moving the Science Centre seemed to come out of left field, so finding out that something could already be in the works and a candidate who isn't an obvious Ford pet like Saunders apparently had the inside track knocked me for a loop.

Sure. It was just that the idea of moving the Science Centre seemed to come out of left field, so finding out that something could already be in the works and a candidate who isn't an obvious Ford pet like Saunders apparently had the inside track knocked me for a loop.
To me, Bailao’s team likely knew other candidates had plans for the Science Centre so getting they wanted her our front first.

Also, it shows she can work with the Ontario government on things they can agree on. That shows leadership on her part.

Also, it shows she can work with the Ontario government on things they can agree on. That shows leadership on her part.
Scooping them feels a little more like walking out in front of a parade in order to claim you're leading it, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

It was hinted at as far back as January here.

It was hinted at as far back as January here.

A lot further back than that.............see my post from July '21:

If Chow has been invisible and is at 13%, 2 points behind Matlow (statistically tied), imagine where she'll be when she's visible (starting tomorrow apparently).
She will start to fall in the polls. 😂 Just like she did last time when she started out with a substantial lead.
She is best on paper unfortunately. She is a concept which does not translate well in reality.

Last edited:
She will start to fall in the polls. 😂 Just like she did last time when she started out with a substantial lead.
She is best on paper unfortunately. She is a concept which does not translate well in reality.
Yeah, I agree. I was saying that in jest, poking fun at the original poster who was implying she's been invisible as a criticism, despite being so high in the polls.

No doubt. It wouldn't shock me if today and tomorrow are likely her best days on the campaign.

Chow is officially in.

Her website was magically created right after her announcement so as to not break election rules. ;)

In Chow's press release, she brought up affordable housing as her key issue. This is great to see, as boomer progressives sometimes appear to not truly understand the gravity of the housing crisis.

Back