News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems like clickbait headlines TBH.
They are being contracted to manage a city run event/upgrades at city owned infrastructure.

Probably because it went so poorly last time no one is eager to be the first to jump in and loose votes.

I realize there may be other issues of more immediate concern, but we're on page 50 of this thread and apparently none of the candidates has had anything to say about the future of the Island Airport, including the one who brought it up in the last campaign a few months ago.

Sitting Councillors may or may not be aware that the file is active w/the City; Nieuport have been having regular conversations with point people on Council; previously Bradford; the current point person seems to be Carroll.

New Mainstreet poll

4/12-4/13
785 respondents
Phone IVR

Matlow - 15%
Bailao - 14%
Chow - 13%
Saunders - 10%
Bradford - 6%
Hunter - 6%
Brown - 3%
Mammo - 3%
Penalosa - 3%
Furey - 2%

Undecided 10%

The movement we're seeing in these early polls is excessive and suggestive a of a high margin of error absent obvious reasons.

That said.

Matlow's campaign has clearly hit the ground running, they were in my building yesterday.

Chow is invisible.

Bailao is visible, as is Saunders.

Bradford for the kinda muscle he has behind him, is off to a very rocky start, Gil who? and Mitzi, for someone preparing to quit their job, not a great start.

Last edited:
The movement we're seeing in these early polls is excessive and suggestive a of a high margin of error absent obvious reasons.

That said.

Matlow's campaign has clearly hit the ground running, they were in my building yesterday.

Chow is invisible.

Bailao is visible, as is Saunders.

Bradford for the kinda muscle he has been him, is off to a very rocky start, Gil who? and Mitzi, for someone preparing to quit their job, not a great start.

It is worth noting that both Gil Penalosa and Olivia Chow have yet to register.

With such low poll numbers I can't see Gil joining the race.

If Olivia hasn't joined by next week I'd consider her a healthy scratch. She likely has advisors reading the room, if there was a chance she could win she would have already registered.

It is worth noting that both Gil Penalosa and Olivia Chow have yet to register.

With such low poll numbers I can't see Gil joining the race.

If Olivia hasn't joined by next week I'd consider her a healthy scratch. She likely has advisors reading the room, if there was a chance she could win she would have already registered.

My guess is that Olivia would want at least a 75% chance of winning before joining in. She probably doesn't want to tarnish her reputation by losing again. Also, Matlow is friendly with Mike Layton. Maybe there's some kind of back channel going there to get her not to run. All speculation of course.

In addition to the endorsement by Chris Moise of Ana Bailao, another surprise endorsement is Liberal MPP Mary Margaret McMahon endorsing Bailao. McMahon was campaigning for Bailao in the Beaches over the weekend. She was Bradford's predecessor on city council and provided her blessing and public endorsement in Bradford's council run.

This would confirm my suspicions that Bailao has a lot of support from Liberal Party machinery.

This early in the campaign, endorsements might not really matter, but it can show how seasoned politicians are reading the tea leaves and which way momentum may be swinging.

Last edited:
In addition to the endorsement by Chris Moise of Ana Bailao, another surprise endorsement is Liberal MPP Mary Margaret McMahon endorsing Bailao. McMahon was campaigning for Bailao in the Beaches over the weekend. She was Bradford's predecessor on city council and provided her blessing and public endorsement in Bradford's council run.

This would confirm my suspicions that Bailao has a lot of support from Liberal Party machinery.

This early in the campaign, endorsements might not really matter, but it can show how seasoned politicians are reading the tea leaves and which way momentum may be swinging.
I suspect Ana Bailao is going to grow some big momentum. She has a big team and the Liberal machine behind her. I do think she will out fundraise the other contenders, too.

Also, she had a big group of supporters out canvassing all areas of the city yesterday. I have noticed she has been one of the top candidates in the polls thus far. That’s a positive sign. If she keeps this up, don’t be surprised if she wins this in the end.

Last edited:

Back