News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Your bank charges interest/fees. I can guarantee you nothing at a bank is free. They are in the money making business.
They charge a swipe or tap fee to the vendor and interest if you don’t pay by the grace period. But the same fees are charged if you load your card via a credit card. I personally would like to see presto and contactless cost the same simply because I want to use Apple Pay and not carry the card.

They charge a swipe or tap fee to the vendor and interest if you don’t pay by the grace period. But the same fees are charged if you load your card via a credit card. I personally would like to see presto and contactless cost the same simply because I want to use Apple Pay and not carry the card.
Presto mobile wallet is coming later this year as most recently announced at the Durham transit executive meeting (section 4.1).

Oh wow, I hadn’t realized Buffalo got in on the S+B faregates!

ADDEE5C9-459B-4E5C-9C7E-C5226640096E.png

Source

Did they piggyback on a Metrolinx/TTC/Ottawa order?

I hate waiting for things and this “mobile presto card” is one of them especially since it should have been available for awhile, wish they would send out invites to test it I would definitely test it out.

I hate waiting for things and this “mobile presto card” is one of them especially since it should have been available for awhile, wish they would send out invites to test it I would definitely test it out.
There's a reason why it's closed testing. Imagine if everyone had access to something that wouldn't even work half of the time or has major bugs. SO Many liability issues and complaints on twitter. Best to work through most of the bugs.

Interesting they are testing this first before contactless on the TTC? With all the busses/subway readers replaced, it should go live soon

I wish I had the option of my physical presto card or one on my phone. Sometimes my phone is dying and i wouldn’t want to rely on it if I need to get home

I wish I had the option of my physical presto card or one on my phone. Sometimes my phone is dying and i wouldn’t want to rely on it if I need to get home

I'm not sure how they plan on implementing Presto but I know with iOS and Express Transit on iPhones, you're able to still tap even when the phone is 'off' and battery is 'empty' (or not enough to run the OS)

It'll be pretty hard to not be able to purchase a fare once all this is implemented. You can pay with a physical/digital Presto, physical/digital credit or debit card and cash. I guess all those streetcar riders that just "didn't have" their presto or cash... will be able to pay their fare now :)

It'll be pretty hard to not be able to purchase a fare once all this is implemented. You can pay with a physical/digital Presto, physical/digital credit or debit card and cash. I guess all those streetcar riders that just "didn't have" their presto or cash... will be able to pay their fare now :)
They have Presto on their phone but it just died. Fare inspectors will have to carry portable batteries so they can power 'em up.

Back