News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I drove Eglinton from Yonge all the way to Etobicoke yesterday, and I have to say that what I saw of the implementation of the cycle tracks is absolutely maddening.

Very piecemeal, often with huge gaps of nothing in between. Also, very random and confusing design differences.
That's because Crosslinx was contracted to do the bike lanes but only where the stations are located.

In time, City of Toronto will fill in the gaps.

In other cycling news, the (ex)Toddler learned to ride his bike this weekend, so we will be hitting all of the truly separated lanes with him in the near future. At least the ones in the east end. He doesn't have much stamina yet.
He clearly needs to start training as you are moving (and moving him, I assume) to the west end - he is obviously a downtown person and will need to get down here to inspect things.

Downtown is a little ambitious for next summer, but Bloordale, Little Italy, Koreatown, etc. are all within easy reach.

Reactions: DSC
I agree. I've noticed a fair number of people clearing the centre when they hear a bell as opposed to moving left. I find bells jarring too. They sound like "Move outta my way!" rather than "I'm passing you, eh?"
Thats why I have a bell that you can either hammer to go "ding!" or push to do that much more aggressive bell sound.

I use the ding as a courtesy and the more aggressive sound to indicate that a car might hit me or door me etc.

Just got a bike horn - it is ear piercing 😄

But is it 'faux leopard skin'? I mean you need a horn to match your aesthetic!

Why I am I now picturing the proverbial booty shorts (ugh), the leopard-skin horn, and hearing the sound of the 'General Lee' from Dukes of Hazard?

This is what you do Towered!

But is it 'faux leopard skin'? I mean you need a horn to match your aesthetic!

Why I am I now picturing the proverbial booty shorts (ugh), the leopard-skin horn, and hearing the sound of the 'General Lee' from Dukes of Hazard?

This is what you do Towered!
Aside from Catherine Bach and the car, I don't get the appeal of that show!

Aside from Catherine Bach

The woman who caused the phrase 'Daisy Dukes' to come into existence.

Need anything else be said?

and the car

The politics of the cars iconography to one side...........I don't care what anyone says, Blue and Orange clash.

, I don't get the appeal of that show!

To my adult self, I don't suppose there is any; but to my 7 year old self, that was Fridays at 8pm. LOL

Back