^ That's not the Novotel, it's 35 The Esplanade. The Novotel is to the east of this building, not visible in the image

August 18

2788171424_2238625303_o.jpg

2788171472_3a91230dd2_o.jpg

Just a minor quibble but I've seen several sources indicate six basement levels. RoCP's pit at seven storeys down did appear deeper as well.

Draft Plan of Condo application submitted

Condo application submitted on August 8, 2008 for 455 units (sound about right Granny?) ... hopefully this goes through quickly so the occupancy period doesn't get dragged out

City file # 08 191744 STE 28
Planner: Willie Macrae 416-392-7572

Great photos there Smuncky! The east building hasn't got far to go with the bricking. The top mechanical floor is supposed to be bricked too. Should be a nice finish.

Solaris: 455 units actually seems high. I know a number of units were combined to reduce the original count. Oh, wait a sec. I just remembered that they did a big design change early on to the podium that added more units, so maybe that is the number.
Hopefully you are right and the occupancy time won't be too long.

Looking forward to it all. Going to have great front row seats watching the L Tower going up. You can expect some great pics!:)

Sorry about the thumbs down icon. Don't know how that snuck in there..

For someone who's not a fan of green glass, I sure love it on this project. I'm curious if the dark tint will cut down on a lot of light entering the suites.

great bunch of photos casaguy! I love how this project looks different from every angle while making an effort to relate to its surroundings. As I mentioned before, the black glass used on the podium and main entrance was a good choice to help define that portion of the building. This is clearly one building that the architects put a lot of thought into.

Back