Is it contemplated to use the LRT ROW for express bus service? It seems like that could be a useful stop gap for connecting to Brampton GO, MCC, Cooksville GO. If buses could get signal priority they ought to be quite a bit faster. If the whole ROW is paved with concrete this shouldn't be a problem.
No,

There is no plan to use the ROW for buses as buses can't run on exposed track and the platforms are for high floor vehicles. Unlike TTC system ROW and Line 5 & 6, there is no concrete top coat other that at intersections. for the Hurontario Line.

What express bus service is needed for Hurontario?? It would defeat the need of an LRT in the first place.

Is it contemplated to use the LRT ROW for express bus service? It seems like that could be a useful stop gap for connecting to Brampton GO, MCC, Cooksville GO. If buses could get signal priority they ought to be quite a bit faster. If the whole ROW is paved with concrete this shouldn't be a problem.
Most of the RoW will not have a top layer of concrete, it is exposed rails. Thus buses or any other rubber wheeled vehicles cannot use it.

What express bus service is needed for Hurontario?? It would defeat the need of an LRT in the first place.
The LRT does not connect to Brampton GO. I know, I know, the solution is for people to drive instead, because a 90 minute ride on 3 vehicles is not going to work.

The LRT does not connect to Brampton GO. I know, I know, the solution is for people to drive instead, because a 90 minute ride on 3 vehicles is not going to work.
The reason the LRT was originally supposed to go to Brampton GO was to turn downtown Brampton into a park and ride for Mississauga, I do not believe that is in the city of Brampton's best interest.

The reason the LRT was originally supposed to go to Brampton GO was to turn downtown Brampton into a park and ride for Mississauga, I do not believe that is in the city of Brampton's best interest.
I didn’t see that in the marketing campaign.

Is there an abundance of parking downtown Brampton that I am not aware about?

Why is it not possible that people wanted to use downtown Mississauga as a park and ride to downtown Brampton. At least the Mississauga people could catch a go train to Guelph or a via train to London from Brampton.

Hard to understand how a network between the two cities isn’t beneficial to everyone.

Last edited:
Despite having been a Mississauga resident for over a decade, I am baffled by the parochial, provincial attitude held by residents of Mississauga and Brampton towards each other and other parts of the region. It's all the same city, folks... Mississauga is just a made up administrative region, just like Brampton. The whole Mississauga independence thing (Miss-us-xit?) is a farce. I have no more in common with residents of Mineola than I do with people in the north end of Brampton.

Despite having been a Mississauga resident for over a decade, I am baffled by the parochial, provincial attitude held by residents of Mississauga and Brampton towards each other and other parts of the region. It's all the same city, folks...

Peel Region isn't like the former Metro Toronto that grew as a defacto single city expanding from downtown Toronto.

Oct 15

53260628172_2e148a2c9b_b.jpg

Looks like they're going for traditional-streetcar strung catenary rather than median poles. Sure looks like an old-school streetcar line. Can hardly believe that's actually real, even if its only non-revenue trackage.

Peel Region isn't like the former Metro Toronto that grew as a defacto single city expanding from downtown Toronto.
It doesn't matter anymore, it's all the same now. From Burlington all the way to Oshawa, it's all Toronto. The municipal boundaries don't really mean anything these days and it's only a matter of time before they all get amalgamated again.

Looks like they're going for traditional-streetcar strung catenary rather than median poles. Sure looks like an old-school streetcar line. Can hardly believe that's actually real, even if its only non-revenue trackage.
To be fair, the Topflight connecting track is shared lanes with cars, so poles wouldn’t really work on this non-revenue segment.

From a photographer perspective, the median poles are irksome. I would welcome more streetcar style posts everywhere.

That is on Topflight and never noticed it before since cars will be using the tracks as a 2nd lane.

I expect bracket supports columns on the sides will support the OS as there are some foundation for poles on the northside as the southside curb lane still needs to be rebuilt.

Back