News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

That is without a doubt one of the most beautiful shots I've seen of the skyline!

Big update from yesterday.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Marcanadian - great views looking up! I especially love that one where the building looks upside down, it makes me dizzy!

Redrum: first, thanks for the spectacular shot...

Second, did you push the reds 'n yellows or desaturate the other colours or both... in PS?

Thanks.

yes, I usually push the reds n yellows and desat the cyans. Of course thats only one step in many to get this result. A lot of what I do is using blend modes on multiple layers in PS. See also my other pic on the previous page (if you havent already) which is more extreme compared to this fairly realistic rendering.

Beautiful shots, Marcanadian.

I can't think of any other building downtown that changes its appearance so much depending on the time of day and quality of light. I'm liking this one more and more... and yes another 5 floors would've been great.

Nice pictures everyone.

I'm really liking how this tower is turning out. It's a nice sleek, modern, corporate-looking tower that complements the existing skyline well. The historic facade reconstruction has also exceeded my expectations, it's looking really good.

To all the complainers who say this tower is a "missed opportunity", that logic could be applied to any development that isn't some sort of dramatic statement of architectural magnificence. Most buildings should be sedate and understated, with the occasional one being bold and dramatic. Toronto has it's fair share of dramatic architecture, why shouldn't this particular building be a nice "filler" buildings? This tower fills it's role very nicely.

I don't think this site is the best suited for a "signature" tower anyway, as it's too close to the main cluster of towers. It would be better to have a dramatic signature tower somewhere a bit separated from the main cluster where it would stand out more.

Finally, someone who agrees with me that Bay Adelaide complements our skyline!

Whoa whoa hang on there, sparky.

I don't think anyone ever thought it was detrimental to our skyline... just that it was sort of dull as a tall tower. I'm just changing my tune now is all.

View from Portland & Stewart tonight (smudgy window, sorry):

canonpics015uw8.jpg

...Enhance thirty-four to forty-six... bleep bleep bleep *tic*tic*tic*

canonpics017ki6.jpg

Smuncky - that last shot is killer!

Grey - cool! we dont usually see many photos from you... thanks. looks like the RBC Cranes were moving while you were taking these pics.

BA is certainly looking good. Very nice glass, too. The street level should be quite presentable by next spring. Now one can only wonder when the next tower will begin.

grey: nice view from 66 Portland!

This building is extremely nice and glassy filler!!! -

I think a taller or flashier building is better suited to further up the Yonge St strip or further west or east of the core to create a new focal point. - For this point in the financial district this building is perfect.

I agree 100% Caltrane, this building is great for it's location, and there are better sites for flashy "signature" towers.

haven't seen a webcam update in a while, looks like the steel has topped out:
BA_2008-09-18.jpg

Back