News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think 2025 may be optimistic. I suspect that the only reason that Verster won't reveal the date he's been hearing is because the longer he delays, the longer he can keep cashing his pay cheque. My money is no earlier than late 2025. Perhaps significantly longer.

Haha, so what.... like 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030?

What's 'significantly longer' actually mean for you?

You're predicting some tunnel segment rings will need replacing?!
I'm not predicting; that would be an almost worst-case scenario. I don't know how extensive the issue is, or what mitigation measures are necessary. Or how much work can be done once operations begin.

At this rate, ECLRT and Eg West might be ready on the same date 😒

Or, maybe the western segment of ECLRT gets renamed into Eg West East, then combined with Eg West West, and begins operating from Allen Rd to Renforth.

While the rest of ECLRT gets completed together with the Ontario Line, circa 2035.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.26.31 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.27.36 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.26.59 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.26.14 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.24.48 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.24.22 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.25.00 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.22.35 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.23.59 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.22.53 PM.jpg

I'm not predicting; that would be an almost worst-case scenario. I don't know how extensive the issue is, or what mitigation measures are necessary. Or how much work can be done once operations begin.
This is exactly why transparency from Crosslinx/Metrolinx is necessary. "Hey trust us, we'll fix the deficiencies that we aren't letting you know about" leads to speculation and (justified at this point) catastrophizing.

its very funny seeing the 2 polar opposites here.

"it litterally will never open"

and

"check out this image of the fully complete station"

Amsterdam North-South line was 98% complete for 8 years while deficiencies with Centraal station were fixed: opening was originally planned for 2011 but it actually opened in 2018.

Amsterdam North-South line was 98% complete for 8 years while deficiencies with Centraal station were fixed: opening was originally planned for 2011 but it actually opened in 2018.
first im hearing of that project, but daum is that some complex engineering.
Got a source for "everything except for centraal station being complete for 8 years"?
Im reading that a council decision in 2011 said to continue it vs cancelling it, but even then it doesnt say what was complete at the time
I see it took 15 years to complete and expected to complete in 2011.

Looking at this picture I'm just realizing this parking lot won't be free much longer. Maybe none of the lots in the parks around this station will be. :confused:

Because you could just park for TOTALLY FREE and then walk up those steps and hop on the Eglinton LRT and be at Eglinton station in a few minutes. Not a bad deal.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.27.36 PM.jpg

Looking at this picture I'm just realizing this parking lot won't be free much longer. Maybe none of the lots in the parks around this station will be. :confused:

Because you could just park for TOTALLY FREE and then walk up those steps and hop on the Eglinton LRT and be at Eglinton station in a few minutes. Not a bad deal.

View attachment 527844
Technically, you can't park for more than 3 hours in the parks. But I know of many people that park in SB park and walk to SB hospital, saving $100+ a month.

Personally, I would support a per hour charge.

Technically, you can't park for more than 3 hours in the parks. But I know of many people that park in SB park and walk to SB hospital, saving $100+ a month.

Personally, I would support a per hour charge.
That's a far walk.

I think 2025 may be optimistic. I suspect that the only reason that Verster won't reveal the date he's been hearing is because the longer he delays, the longer he can keep cashing his pay cheque. My money is no earlier than late 2025. Perhaps significantly longer.

It's not a TTC prediction. The TTC Chair was quoted as saying on Wednesday that the new lines will hopefully open in the new year but "If anyone knows, please tell me, because I’d love to know".

They have to assume something. Isn't September 2023 what they assumed in the last budget - at least for Line 5. And I've a funny feeling the previous budget had a late 2022 date assumed.
It is cause the lines didn't open, they got the money to improve service. Let's hope next year's budget is better

Back